Restoring interior of 3-series

Hans

Hi guys,

Would anyone know the approximate cost and where the above can be done. Am talking about changing the door panels(carbon fibre), polishing the leather seats and the whole interior. Car is in a pretty bad shape, scratches everywhere and the plastic is fading.

Can it be restored to an almost new condition? Heard this is what the dealers/exporters do before selling/exporting....makes a beat car look almost like new again. Is reality, is this possible?

Any suggestions/opinions/thoughts will be appreciated.

Re: Restoring interior of 3-series

jackspeed should be able to help, if not with the whole interior, then at least with the leather bits.

Leather seats not that difficult. Use a good leather restorer, BMW has one.

louis said:
jackspeed should be able to help, if not with the whole interior, then at least with the leather bits.

Not with CHANGING bimmers leathers apparently. Had a fren who worked there...asked her to quote for changing seat leather...she said they dont dare to do bmw. I persisted, she checked with her boss...still dont dare to do. THat was late last year..now i am not sure.

I heard the other big player in car upholstry...forgot the name...also dont dare to do.

hmm..interesting..whats this with not darring to do bmw's??..hahh..:p.. granted there are a fair bit of stuff thats intricately designed and made (read: cannot be ripped out and sewn/stapled/taped/glued back) like jap cars... other than that...dun see whats the diff..:).. maybe afraid they might trip some electronics?

changing of the leathers doesnt look difficult (or so i've been told..:)..but only by frens overrseas...)

i wonder if there might be a good pair of hands up north?..they D have more of them cars..:)..

keen, cos i'm also looking to renew the leathers... mine's supple enough, but its like worn out..and looks ..well..WORN!..:)

oneHeadlight said:
Not with CHANGING bimmers leathers apparently. Had a fren who worked there...asked her to quote for changing seat leather...she said they dont dare to do bmw. I persisted, she checked with her boss...still dont dare to do. THat was late last year..now i am not sure.

I heard the other big player in car upholstry...forgot the name...also dont dare to do.

I thought jackspeed for a point in time was handling the leather seats cos PML would bring them in @ very basic specs so they pay less tax on the cars. Then they hand to jackspeed to do up the leather bits.

If that's the case jackspeed would really have no prob cutting the leather for your seats.Cos they already have measurements.

If ACSCAB2 not too busy, he prob can point u in the general direction for this.

They may not want to touch the door panels because of the airbags inside.

For the earlier cars without side airbags, then not a problem. The newer E46s with side airbags I've asked Jackspeed before, and they were not keen to do so (i.e., at owner's risk).

For the seats, generally no problem, as what Nuke mentioned, PML used them to locally fit leather seats before, so they already have all the cutting/patterns.

interesting....how much wud it cost to change the seat leathers only ? Anyone know ?

*sniff*...i smell group buy.

But i recommend take deposit first...last time my bro waste effort...

I think it was abt $900+ for front 2 seats.

The side of e46 sedan is in leather not plastic?

For you interior trim, can consider carbon fibre interior, 1 full set of 8 piece for sedan (i think) runs around 600USD.

go to jb.....there is a place very near to newton leather...can't remember the place where i did leather for my clk....it comes with side airbags...no problems.....quality and workmanship is not bad...pricing is abt SGD 1200 for door panels and front and rear seats.....but downside is the wait.....whole day .....

wow that is quite steep for Malaysian pricing............ yeah you can't rush craftmanship..........

where's this place again pls?..wheres newton leather?..:)..thanx..:)

doramon said:
go to jb.....there is a place very near to newton leather...can't remember the place where i did leather for my clk....it comes with side airbags...no problems.....quality and workmanship is not bad...pricing is abt SGD 1200 for door panels and front and rear seats.....but downside is the wait.....whole day .....

Anyone knows where I can get good quality carbon fibre interior trims / door panels for an E36 coupe?

freestyle2031 said:
Anyone knows where I can get good quality carbon fibre interior trims / door panels for an E36 coupe?

I was thinking of doing my centre cosole but I can't find the time.......... sigh.......

interesting...near my office some more...will check it out..:)

thanx!

Azrielsc said:
There's 1 more shop called 8Cushion: http://www.8cushion.com/

Just came across it whilst surfing just now. Wonder if they could help u!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk88today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back