RG4 vs CSL OEM Rims

jaskin

Legendary 10 Years
Esthetically the CSL looks nicer to me. The RG4s looks like the SSR Competitions.

I would go for the one which is lighter . In my opinion, if you have spent good money for a performance machine, then you should do everything to optimize its performance....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT a performer...

I would go for the one which is lighter . In my opinion, if you have spent good money for a performance machine, then you should do everything to optimize its performance....

Arsony

Arsony said:

Arsony

We hear U, U dun have to post twice.... :roll:

hahahahahaha

'The Great White'

Wah later BMW/BBS Germany will sue Champion Wheels cos the replica is too close liao!!! hahahahaha

U'll have to always answer ppl 'wat are those rims......are they the CSL rims???' Den U'll have to say 'NO, it's Champion.....' :uhhh:

'The Great White'

Cool..
The majority of people in the M3forum voted for CSL which also wins my vote. Both are light..
RG4 looks bit off IMO. The spokes are shorter hence once fitted, it doesnt look as big as CSL despite both being 19"
The main adv is the strength of the RG4.
Other than that, CSL shud win in everything (lightweight, price, finishing, even look)

Cheers bro

Happy National Day
Singapore Boleh

I would choose whichever is tougher..

Weight is not everything unless quality is assured !

BMW rims are all TUV approved, which means to say in a fateful event when the rim burst on impact, the rim stays intact... This is especially important for high powered car...

That is what makes the original rims stands out from the replica, which probably no form of testing is carried out...

Remember there was a incident where a Hyundai rim cracked on impact and fall in pieces ? Imagine if u hit a pot hole at 150kph... :(

CSL rims man!!! Have you looked into Volk Racing rims?? They make LM 37Es for M3s... very very nice... about S$1400 a rim...

MRacer77 said:
CSL rims man!!! Have you looked into Volk Racing rims?? They make LM 37Es for M3s... very very nice... about S$1400 a rim...

I hv seen an M3 fitted with Volks rims...
For that price, it is really v expensive. CSL rims are priced well under 1k per rim..The only problem is the "difficulty" in getting em.

No lah... CSL rims are definitely not under $1k, heard that they are about $1.1k per rim?

Reagrding the Volk racing... thats the price you have to pay for exclusivity right? lol :thumbsup:

Woah man..CSL rims nice..

Nuke said:
Woah man..CSL rims nice..

Wah lau eh.....U dam slow man!!! Last posting was Aug 2004......

Wake up bro!!

:lol:

'The Great White'

Since the thread was revived... Can i asked another question....

I read somewhere that BMW now make the CSL rims lookalike for the normal M3 in 18"...... Can anyone confirm this pls ?? What is the styling number ?

Thanks a mil...

piggyboyz,
AFAIK, it's not 18in but 19in and it's called the ZCP or Competition package they call it in the US aka 2005 model M3. The rims are very similar to the OEM CSL but the specs is slighlty different. And price wise, it's also cheaper and quite easily available...

OEM CSL has 8.5J front while the ZCP has 8J..Both rears are 9.5J
Check out this link bro:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=M3COMPWHEELS

Swee swee...

Woah!! Nice! Now everyone has the chance of getting them! Just like when the M3 rims were popular when the M3 1st came out! :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back