RPM sudden dropped to Zero!

cwoon

While driving on the road, the RPM gradually dropped to zero will the car lost power and eventually come to a stop (Yes while I'm driving on the road ... luckily not on the highway and without traffic behind me). I put the handbrake to park mode and restart the engine and its running again. After a while the same thing happened again. After restarting the engine, its back to normal once again. All this happened without any Check light or faulty light from the display. Am puzzled what's the fault!

Some observation before it happened. While on stationary (waiting for traffic light to go green), the engine vibrate slighly between 700RPM to 400RPM.

I have recently (abt 1 month ago) changed the entire sets of spark coil and NGK iridium spark plugs. Not sure if there's anything to do with this.

Perhaps any bros have experienced the same problem as me can share wats going on.

Recently oso had minor accidents (kena banged) on the rear and the front. But dun think it contribute to the above problem.

Will oso bring down to workshop for a check.

Re: RPM sudden dropped to Zero!

Ignition Coil faulty?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

cwoon;881492 said:
Ignition coil and spark coil .... are they the same thing?

Its different. And would have thrown a code. You need to use a scanner to find out what is the error code.

my recent encounter with faulty ignition coil.

scanner shown cylinder misfiring.

car vibrate badly (whole car shaking) when stationary.
while driving, gear change not smooth and sometimes feels like car no power when revving.
rpm not stable while driving but stay above 1500
rpm when stationary is stable at about 800

after changing all 4 ignition coil... above issues all disappeared.

Tks guys .... mine has got no code error .... so guess its more difficult to nail.

My car dun vibrate very violently and it only does so as and when (machiam got mood like tt) .... Zzzzzzz

Anyway, I left it at the workshop for them to sort it out.

cwoon;881878 said:
Tks guys .... mine has got no code error .... so guess its more difficult to nail.

My car dun vibrate very violently and it only does so as and when (machiam got mood like tt) .... Zzzzzzz

Anyway, I left it at the workshop for them to sort it out.

Probably is certain parts going up lorry thus it is on and off.....

* update us
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Fuel pump issue?

Hi cwoon, maybe it's due to the music you are listening to?

Sorry OT, hope u find the problem soon. Why not bring to a workshop to check?

C3P0;881924 said:
Hi cwoon, maybe it's due to the music you are listening to?

Sorry OT, hope u find the problem soon. Why not bring to a workshop to check?

he mention: Anyway, I left it at the workshop for them to sort it out.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

My e90 also has that issue. Sometimes vibrate like crazy when around 500 rpm or below. Once on ECP towards Changi Airport at Keppel exit, the rpm gone zero and had to restart car then all is fine.

But i noticed that mine only happen when fuel is half tank or below. So i guess might be fuel pump/sensor issue for mine.

Clogged fuel filter? That would not throw up any error code I guess....

fatassdudeass;882079 said:
My e90 also has that issue. Sometimes vibrate like crazy when around 500 rpm or below. Once on ECP towards Changi Airport at Keppel exit, the rpm gone zero and had to restart car then all is fine.

But i noticed that mine only happen when fuel is half tank or below. So i guess might be fuel pump/sensor issue for mine.

Interesting ...... but mine is full tank .... lol!

Same thing happened to me too. First thought was ignition coil and I told the workshop it's probably that. Sent car in and end up was "oil separator" blocked ... fixed in a day.

loki;882254 said:
Same thing happened to me too. First thought was ignition coil and I told the workshop it's probably that. Sent car in and end up was "oil separator" blocked ... fixed in a day.

Were there any error code?

loki;882589 said:
Nope, no error code at all. System check was ok...

Tks for the info bro. How much the workshop charge you for tt?

Workshop cant detect any problem ....... Zzzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups