S-AFCII works on BMW's DME?

k3nny

Im running rich now due to some recent additions to the car.. and running no cat.

Theres black smoke coming out of the exhaust..

So anyhow, am considering some form of chipping or piggyback for tuning.

Was just wondering, does SAFC-II work on BMW's DME?

How good is this --> www.powerchip.com.au

And lastly, are piggybacks like TSI and Unichip universal? Meaning 325i and 318i etc use the same TSI piggyback. Up to you to dyno tune

Kinda like MOTeC is generic etc etc.. Someone with more info?

Thanks a whole lot!
Appreciate it.. hehe

Re: S-AFCII works on BMW's DME?

k3nny said:
Im running rich now due to some recent additions to the car.. and running no cat.

Theres black smoke coming out of the exhaust..

So anyhow, am considering some form of chipping or piggyback for tuning.

Was just wondering, does SAFC-II work on BMW's DME?

How good is this --> www.powerchip.com.au

And lastly, are piggybacks like TSI and Unichip universal? Meaning 325i and 318i etc use the same TSI piggyback. Up to you to dyno tune

Kinda like MOTeC is generic etc etc.. Someone with more info?

Thanks a whole lot!
Appreciate it.. hehe
I'm considering going the SAFC route... Hope to get some FR and post it here soon...

rex7_vtec said:
I'm considering going the SAFC route... Hope to get some FR and post it here soon...

Swee....you are now the newly crowned mod King..No Contest liao :lol2:

Suggest you read this thread started by Whiskey Tango.

Kenny/Rex7,

I have done it on my 525i with M20 engine. DME was Motronic V1.1. Take a look at my cockpit here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/824698/9

Its the same for any car, but I think the valvetronic engine cars may not get much gains due to its ways of working. For non-valvetronic, have the AFC is like a programmable chip in the car. Just by fiddling with a few buttons to re-program the range or values for each rpm range, one can change the behaviour of the car.

In my case, it was a rather extreme case, as I used a 535 AFM (not MAF but old air-vane meter) which had different voltage outputs. Here, I took a risk and then figured out how to program the AFC. Large negative values rather than +10% here and there. This trick equalise its signals range to the DME and the DME got it fooled. The nice thing about the SAFC2 is that the IN2 feed now can be used as a rich/lean meter. I tape to O2 sensor line at the ECU terminal for IN2. So, I got IN2 readings for tuning and daily watching of my AF ratio. Very nice.

My car was tracked for a year an a half and many times, I did track based tuning to extract more more out of the car. It can change your track days as some days our car somehow feels sluggish. Tweak a few buttons and its back to torquey again, so one can push hard. Its very important to knwo the range limits before redlining the car or else it CAN blow your engine. Never lean out from 5500 rpm onwards!. Need to richen it a bit to get about 13.6 mixture.

You can ask me questions about this, and I would be glad to advise. Bimmer forum guys were rather impressed when I did it 3 years ago...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back