seeking advice on selling of my car

tomyin67

I know roughly how the PARF and COE rebate work. but confused on how the car is valued in the eyes of the car dealer and second-hand car buyer.
My car is a 2009 325i coupe, mileage 70k+. The quote I got from the dealer is $45000 (gov.rebate+$9000 body value). The registration month is Oct.28 If I sell the car to a dealer after Oct.28, the PARF will drop 5%, as well as some deduction from COE rebate, so the amount I receive will drop accordingly.
In the scenario that I successfully sell the car to a second-hand car buyer, because the guy who buys my car will continue to drive it instead of scrap, so I assume the value of the car does not drop that much if the deal is made one or 2 months later than Oct.28.
Please advise if my understanding is right or wrong.

The dealer will most probably sell at Scrap value (at 10th year) + 24~25 months depreciation based on 2009 325i market, if you deal now.

The only thing is that if you sell it later than Oct 28, the offer price will be lower than $45K because the rebate would have dropped.

It should not matter when the next buyer buys because it would be the dealer's problem.

Look around at www.sgcarmart.com and search for similar age make. Most of the prices listed there are the dealer's selling price. You should look for an offer price close to that, if you are a good negotiator.

Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back