Selling a bidded car number

initialr

hey, what if the 2nd hand car comes with a bidded number and you wish to sell it? Is there a procedure for this? (that is assuming someone wants to get the number)

And how do we get a new carplate number to replace the one you sold off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Selling a bidded car number

Hi initialr,

My understanding was that you cant just sell the number plate. You can only transfer a number to a brand new car (not second hand) and you have to own the other car in which you are transfering the number from.

I have read that if the car is being scrapped you would have to sell the entire car to the person that wants the number. That will cost money to transfer the car into their name. They in turn would have to transfer that number onto their new car, more cost. A lot of hassle!

You obtain a new number from LTA and fit that to any car (new or used). You will have to bid for the number though. Prices start at 1k

Just visit the LTA website for details.

I am not 100% sure that this is correct just have to do some research. I am sure if its wrong some of the Bro's here will correct me. hehe

Hope some of it helps.

Re: Selling a bidded car number

bro, thanks a lot for the info.

have been asking around and some of my friends are saying its just not worth it. If it was, the 2nd car dealer would have done that in the first place. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thematrixpremiummik

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back