Service light on again

initialr

Hi all, am a newbie who got a 2nd hand BMW 323.

Just serviced my car not too long ago (maybe about a month ago), the service light came on again. my mileage can't have exceeded 1000km since the last servicing.

Is this normal? and what should i do? appreciate some help.

Re: Service light on again

initialr;551200 said:
Hi all, am a newbie who got a 2nd hand BMW 323.

Just serviced my car not too long ago (maybe about a month ago), the service light came on again. my mileage can't have exceeded 1000km since the last servicing.

Is this normal? and what should i do? appreciate some help.

Hi initial,

maybe can bring back to the workshop that service your car for a check......

cheers

your last service did not reset OBC ? bring it back to the workshop to verify

wt_know is correct. Need to reset after every service... if not warning indicator appears

Same situation happened to me once. After 2 weeks from my servicing, the Service light came on telling me that my Oil change is overdue. I'm very sure the OBC was resetted by the workshop after the servicing. Went back to the workshop again and was found that my spare key is causing the problems. I always try to swap around the 2 keys for periodic usage, so the key that gives the problem is now in my drawer for good. So that maybe one area you might want to look into.

It seems a trip back to PML is needed... but the turnaround time is really very very slow...

thanks to all for the help!! appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper Warrior;551355 said:
Same situation happened to me once. After 2 weeks from my servicing, the Service light came on telling me that my Oil change is overdue. I'm very sure the OBC was resetted by the workshop after the servicing. Went back to the workshop again and was found that my spare key is causing the problems. I always try to swap around the 2 keys for periodic usage, so the key that gives the problem is now in my drawer for good. So that maybe one area you might want to look into.

interesting....key dependent oil change reminder.

initialr;551604 said:
It seems a trip back to PML is needed... but the turnaround time is really very very slow...

thanks to all for the help!! appreciated.

Try Performance at East Coast as they've got the 1-hr express service. Resetting the OBC's a quick job.

Cheers!

jnoelq;551658 said:
Try Performance at East Coast as they've got the 1-hr express service. Resetting the OBC's a quick job.

Cheers!
1 hr express svc? hows that work? any specific milleage can do 1 hr express svc?

Slater;551788 said:
1 hr express svc? hows that work? any specific milleage can do 1 hr express svc?

The 1hr express service encompass basic oil change service, air-con filter cleaning and resetting of OBC. Anything else will take extra time.

Had a session myself and was quite impressed at the 'quickness' of it.

need to make appointment 1st or can drop in anytime ?
i'm game for the 1 hr express service to change oil + oil filter. that's all i want from pml and nothing more.

jnoelq;551830 said:
The 1hr express service encompass basic oil change service, air-con filter cleaning and resetting of OBC. Anything else will take extra time.

wt_know;551845 said:
need to make appointment 1st or can drop in anytime ?
i'm game for the 1 hr express service to change oil + oil filter. that's all i want from pml and nothing more.

Appointment's required. And do note it's ONLY at East Coast.

jnoelq;551849 said:
Appointment's required. And do note it's ONLY at East Coast.

Just to add.....that 1 hour wait's gonna feel really short as most of us petrol-heads will be snooping around at the resale car division that's just next door, PPSL.

jnoelq;551830 said:

thats good to know!

only PPSL next door yeah. no new cars right?

Slater;551859 said:
thats good to know!

only PPSL next door yeah. no new cars right?

Nope no new cars. However there's a like-new E93 M3 (DCT) going for sale, Le Mans Blue with ONLY 300km to the clock and 2-digit bidded number plate to go along with it.......drool drool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bittcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back