Servicing at Quicklane

hanzjianz

Hi Bros:

I just got my BMW 118 about 4 months ago and its about time for the first engine oil change and servicing. My car is a PI car... and its warrantied under this group of workshops which i read quite a handful of negative reviews on.

I happen to remember this workshop located at Sime Darby building when i used to send my Landrover to the agent for servicing. I am wondering if any bros or sis sent their Beemers for servicing there before? any review?

Thanks

Han

Re: Servicing at Quicklane

What is your concern? Your car is warrantied by certain workshops so why don't you want to go there? Heard negative feedback? Did you experience it personally? I don't see the point you ask for opinion in the forum when your car servicing and what not is already covered?

I wouldn't worry too much if you are just doing a simple oil change. This is very basic stuff. Many people overseas, especially in US, change engine oil themselves.

N46 engine has been in existence for the longest time. Any sponsor workshop can service it.

pengful;686175 said:
What is your concern? Your car is warrantied by certain workshops so why don't you want to go there? Heard negative feedback? Did you experience it personally? I don't see the point you ask for opinion in the forum when your car servicing and what not is already covered?

Hi Pengful:

Yes my car is covered under warrantied by a certain workshop, but these workshop(S) have a long thread of negative reviews from different owners. I would not like to take the chance of going to a sub standard car servicing that would cost me dearly on the long run. I prefer to go to someone who knows what they are doing rather than do it becos they are bounded by the warranty.

The reason i ask for feedback is to seek advises on the best workshop to visit. I thank you for your timely feedbacks and advises. Afterall thats why i am here... to learn and not make mistakes others had.

Yours Sincerely:

Han

douggie;686225 said:
I wouldn't worry too much if you are just doing a simple oil change. This is very basic stuff. Many people overseas, especially in US, change engine oil themselves.

Hi Bro:

Thanks alot for the feedback... Cheers

you should have 'considered' these workshops before you buy the car from PI

hanzjianz;686026 said:
Hi Bros:

I just got my BMW 118 about 4 months ago and its about time for the first engine oil change and servicing. My car is a PI car... and its warrantied under this group of workshops which i read quite a handful of negative reviews on.

I happen to remember this workshop located at Sime Darby building when i used to send my Landrover to the agent for servicing. I am wondering if any bros or sis sent their Beemers for servicing there before? any review?

Thanks

Han

hanzjianz;686300 said:
Hi Pengful:

Yes my car is covered under warrantied by a certain workshop, but these workshop(S) have a long thread of negative reviews from different owners. I would not like to take the chance of going to a sub standard car servicing that would cost me dearly on the long run. I prefer to go to someone who knows what they are doing rather than do it becos they are bounded by the warranty.

The reason i ask for feedback is to seek advises on the best workshop to visit. I thank you for your timely feedbacks and advises. Afterall thats why i am here... to learn and not make mistakes others had.

Yours Sincerely:

Han

You already bought the car with information about their warranty. You already know the deal.

wt_know;686305 said:
you should have 'considered' these workshops before you buy the car from PI

Hi Bro WR_Know and Pengful:

Frankly... I have no experience pior my current ride with regards to PI cars... Previously all my cars have their servicing done at the dealer... This is indeed a lesson learnt. But the big saving does not deter me from going to the PI again... Its through this forum that i've learnt so much about cars and the trades behind it... hahaha

Cheers:

Han

Just when I am considering the PI option...
It's indeed tempting... I was offered 195k for
The F10 , guarantee delivery within
7 days cos They have both COE and the car.
But everyone laugh it off and tell me I will
Lucky to get the car in a month .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ta88vnone
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back