Shaky shaky

Terras14

Hi N20 user, do u experience a very mild shake on your car for the first 20 sec of starting the car?

Re: Shaky shaky

You mean the RPM? Cold start?
Terras14;880897 said:
Hi N20 user, do u experience a very mild shake on your car for the first 20 sec of starting the car?

Terras14;880897 said:

For the first few months after delivery of vehicle, yes, especially during cold start. Reported issue to agent during first service and now the problem has largely subsided. Hope this helps.

I'm driving the 3L F10 528i and I have this problem every time I start the car. I have gotten used to waiting for the shake after I start the engine before I engage D cos it gets a little worrying when it shakes while in D as I'm driving out of the carpark lot.

Is it due to the fluctuation of the idling? Must wait for it to warm up?

:(

Wa, 6 cyl 528 also shaky shaky ah ?
slayermarc, may i know if you having the N52 or N53 engine and how old is it ?

My n52 f10 3l starts steady like business class
Flies like first class
No complains

My 523 F10 on SS exos... only vroom vroom.... no shake shake...

Your 523 sssooooooo sweet where will shake ..... like mine ... thou mine is E60 la
But the SS exos will shake a wee bit when you corner and wot ..... like the M5's akra at 1.03sec below

[video=youtube;R4hS9PJWibc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4hS9PJWibc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jason8822;881680 said:
Wa, 6 cyl 528 also shaky shaky ah ?
slayermarc, may i know if you having the N52 or N53 engine and how old is it ?

Me 528 manufactured in Jan 2011. I think it's the N52.

Everything is silky smooth except that initial shake of the engine. When engine starts, the RPM flies higher to warm up and as it drops, the shake comes once at the idling point and then strawberry again until the next startup.

It didn't happen in the first few months of the car. Think it started half a year back.

:(

Oh, should not be happening to this strawberry.
Send it to workshop for a check up

Actually it felt the same for me in the 535 as well at initial start when i went to see one previously Rpm is steady, no fluctuation of the needle. The car just feels a bit shaky. Or maybe it's my sensitive butt.... Just too used to my previous strawberry....

just collected my 528i N20 and have similar shake/tremble intermittently while idling, steady RPM, needle not fluctuating...

pc200k;1004882 said:
just collected my 528i N20 and have similar shake/tremble intermittently while idling, steady RPM, needle not fluctuating...

Me too, felt it on my friend's 5 days old 528 with N20 engine, warmed up but waiting at traffic light it shaked a bit

heavymetal;881407 said:
For the first few months after delivery of vehicle, yes, especially during cold start. Reported issue to agent during first service and now the problem has largely subsided. Hope this helps.

What did they do ? Change engine oil ?

Mine was two months old N20 528I , Sent to PML and was told car have to leave for a day for trouble shooting. Second day 5pm collected car and found they have set the idling too high and the shaking became more pronounced. Went back and they adjusted back to stock but problem still exist. Gave up and live with it. Was told they had reset and downloaded software as its suspected to be the cause. No mechanical parts or fault found. They compare others of the same model and claim mine considered mild already. Looks like they have no solution to the shaking during idling.

As usual, the standard answer from PML when they cannot solve some issues .... its like that one

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiabc8bot

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back