Should I upgrade from E66 to F02?

Dear all, would appreciate your comments to helpe me make a decision. I'm currently driving the E66 740Li and car will be scrapped in Dec 2016. As it has aged quite a bit, am thinking of switching to the F02 740Li. Test drove a few units and I find the twin turbo noisier than my current ride, which I don't hear any sound when idling or barely any noise when accelerating. Also, the back seats are not adjustable and they all coke with sunroof which I don't really like. On some advice that the 730Li is quieter as it is not a twin turbo. Tried a few and found it underpowered compared to my 4,000 cc V8 engine. But I recently saw one 740Li without sunroof and yet with adjustable back seats. Seems like a perfect replacement that meets all my requirements.

What do you all think? Should I or should I not switch?

Your opinions, especially with regards to your experience in driving the F02 will be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Should I upgrade from E66 to F02?

sotongbroker;1109760 said:
Dear all, would appreciate your comments to helpe me make a decision. I'm currently driving the E66 740Li and car will be scrapped in Dec 2016. As it has aged quite a bit, am thinking of switching to the F02 740Li. Test drove a few units and I find the twin turbo noisier than my current ride, which I don't hear any sound when idling or barely any noise when accelerating. Also, the back seats are not adjustable and they all coke with sunroof which I don't really like. On some advice that the 730Li is quieter as it is not a twin turbo. Tried a few and found it underpowered compared to my 4,000 cc V8 engine. But I recently saw one 740Li without sunroof and yet with adjustable back seats. Seems like a perfect replacement that meets all my requirements.

Your opinions, especially with regards to your experience in driving the F02 will be most appreciated.

Cheers.

how about 640i GC?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

F02 750i's N63 engine is pretty cool .......... compared to the N55.

Red_Bean_Bun;1109792 said:

M6 GC?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Red_Bean_Bun;1109792 said:
F02 with N74 is the best.

I am driving 730Li for about a year now. Every time I drive, it brings a smile. I am in full appreciation of the comfort, quietness and the driving joy. Performance is adequate and most of the time effortless. Road and steering feel is just right for the size of the car.
All the key features I ever wanted is in the model. The adaptive headlights and HUD are especially nice. With integral Active Steering, tight turns is effortless. I chose 730Li over the 740i as I find the 740 engine is a bit loud.

Same here.. Having the 730Li F02 for a few months already.. Definitely no complaints.. FC getting ard 550-600km per full tank on Shell V-Power.. Comfort.. I don't have to say.. It's a 7

sotongbroker;1109760 said:

Cheers.

Would be better to drive your e66 till scrap then look for a used f02

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88vip1biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back