solar film - ugly lines visible

murphys33

hi, I would like to seek opinions... i have recently installed a 3M solar film. There appears to be vertical lines from the exterior due to installers spraying some liquid and pushing this liquid out of the solar film - the lines are due to them using a plastic card to expel the liquid. When dried, this appears as vertical or horizontal streaks from the exterior and is very evident when under orange light. Installer claimed that this is normal - may i check with forumers who has such installation if this is the case? Does this apply only to 3M films or films of other make?

Re: solar film - ugly lines visible

so far no such lines on my solar films, but mine is not 3M brand but does not sound like something which should be normal. how long has it been installed? Sometimes you need to give it time to dry and settle (2 weeks or so?)

have given it time to dry already - its been some 2 months already

can share where you install the 3M solar film ? is it DS Specialties At Bedok ?
i'm planniny to install next week. :(

murphys33;421387 said:
hi, I would like to seek opinions... i have recently installed a 3M solar film. There appears to be vertical lines from the exterior due to installers spraying some liquid and pushing this liquid out of the solar film - the lines are due to them using a plastic card to expel the liquid. When dried, this appears as vertical or horizontal streaks from the exterior and is very evident when under orange light. Installer claimed that this is normal - may i check with forumers who has such installation if this is the case? Does this apply only to 3M films or films of other make?

wt_know;421424 said:
can share where you install the 3M solar film ? is it DS Specialties At Bedok ?
i'm planniny to install next week. :(

not that i m in favour of any, but 3M should be good product. its probably the installer skill in doubt!
i had mine done at InfraTint, cost 50% less than 3M...but got mine w/o fuss, and most important, is Sherman's after service. any issues will be address, if any at all.
:)

I had mine done at InfraTint too.
Sherman's after sales service is really good.
Give him a call at 94560888.

Mine don't have any ugly lines.

yes at DS specialty. They claimed that it is normal but i do not see in any given carpark, other cars with solar tint having that probem

I tinted my car with Infatint. 1st time after 1 month, there got the ugly line too, then i went back to Sherman. He changed for me without a word, now the tint looks great.

Cheers for Sherman..!!

Murphy, i think u have to go back to the shop for complaint.

Hi Murphys33,

I did not get the 3M solar film for my car so can't really comment but you might want to get a second opinion on your tinting streaking.

I just did my tinting yesterday at Infratint (Tradehub 21) from Sherman. Did not encounter any streaking. The installation was done very professionally by his team and the installation was completed in approx 1.5 hrs (6 pairs of hands working on my car). Was advised to let the film dry under hot sun for the next 2-3 days for the film to settle.

Overall, a very satisfied customer. You might want to give Sherman a call for a 2nd opinion.
Not advertising but just sharing a good experience.

Drive safe guys.

Just got another ride and had it done at Sherman's place today with his Ultimate Platiunum Film at a good package.
Its been done Perfectly and my ride looks great and fierce ...... Cos had it done full dark tint...
Kudos to Sherman and his team at Infratint ! Cheers !

Just did my tinting at Infratint today as well.

Very personalised, friendly and professional service.

Did the Platinum tint as well for my front windscreen. Very happy with the results. Car looks great

Sherman, great job. Keep up the good work :)

Cheers

I did Platinum tinting at infratint too, very good professional service from sherman and his team :)

is platinum tint lta compliant ?

tatsit;423051 said:
I did Platinum tinting at infratint too, very good professional service from sherman and his team :)

wt_know;423053 said:
is platinum tint lta compliant ?
platinum tint is just the material they use, but you change choose between the amount of visible light able to pass through for the same price.

bros,

I am planning to my window too....May I know if all of you Tint all the glass portion ?

What is the suggestions for white car ? As long as NOT too obvious for the white ANTS, I am OK.

thanks

Prof, go Intratint... Sms when u go, we go lim kopi there.

Azrielsc;425065 said:
Prof, go Intratint... Sms when u go, we go lim kopi there.
may I know where is that location. I am with coolnlite and it was really hot and terrible which was FOC when I got my ride. need replacement badly and hopefully the ride will not attract those white ants.

Frankly, there are different grades.. the saying goes u pay for what u get. Or in your case u FOC for what u will get....

So far the premium CoolnLite beats my previous premium Vkool.... This coolnlite on my ride is really cool ....

spiderman;425086 said:
may I know where is that location. I am with coolnlite and it was really hot and terrible which was FOC when I got my ride. need replacement badly and hopefully the ride will not attract those white ants.

I'm on CnL too and I love it :)

Sherman (Infratint) has done a few of my friends' cars and they are happy about it. His shop is at Tradehub 21, Toh Tuck Area. Give him a call 1st at 9456 0888 and shout "GIVE ME BOBBY TAY'S DISCOUNT!" loud loud. :)

Cheers,
Sam

Yes, I also love my CnL!

Cannot feel the heat in normal driving circumstances. And the tint is cool:)

Unlike my VKool, premium which was >$1K still can feel the "bite". This one... no "bite" .. real cool.....

Therefore.. it should be the quality of your FOC in question!

Azrielsc;425098 said:
I'm on CnL too and I love it :)

Sherman (Infratint) has done a few of my friends' cars and they are happy about it. His shop is at Tradehub 21, Toh Tuck Area. Give him a call 1st at 9456 0888 and shout "GIVE ME BOBBY TAY'S DISCOUNT!" loud loud. :)

Cheers,
Sam

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back