speakers and cracking sound

Re: speakers and cracking sound

Try install a FM booster. Maybe it'll help... more powerfull than a large antenna.

pingman, changing the speakers is a very good idea cos, the stock speakers have very whimpy magnets and low power handling voice coils. You can upgrade your speakers by buying component speakers and installing them to the correct points (such as door frames and such, BMW has a nasty habit of installing speakers to the door boards) Make sure when you install component speakers that you install the supplied crossover.

FM boosters do not necessarily work here as we have a lot of buildings here in singapore and the RF signals suffer for multipath distortion and this cannot be helped. That's why DAB can take a foothold here.

Cheers

yendor. may i know which shop to get decent speakers u mentioned?

I am also disappointed in the 5 series system and would like a simple (without having to rip the dash and car to pieces simple) solution and advice on where to go.

Thanks in advance.

yendor said:
by buying component speakers and installing them to the correct points (such as door frames and such, BMW has a nasty habit of installing speakers to the door boards) Make sure when you install component speakers that you install the supplied crossover.

What are component speakers? Are they the front ones or the rear ones? Sorry i am a speaker noob, hope someone can help explain

yendor said:
pingman, changing the speakers is a very good idea cos, the stock speakers have very whimpy magnets and low power handling voice coils. You can upgrade your speakers by buying component speakers and installing them to the correct points (such as door frames and such, BMW has a nasty habit of installing speakers to the door boards) Make sure when you install component speakers that you install the supplied crossover.

FM boosters do not necessarily work here as we have a lot of buildings here in singapore and the RF signals suffer for multipath distortion and this cannot be helped. That's why DAB can take a foothold here.

Cheers

Bro, speakers are all very subjective. The ICE gurus here can advice a heck of a lot more. Personally , i am using Genesis speakers (British). My E46 uses 6.5" components for front and back. For stock speaker replacements (i.e. no amps) use speakers that have > 90dB/m/w sensitivity. I had the installer cut the door metal panel behind the speaker and mounted the speakers with some MDF board. The result is much better bass response.

Like i said before, there are lots of gurus here. If you like you can go to Autotrend at Toa Payoh ind park. ( just behind the Temple) It the road along the Subaru and Nissan showrooms.

Cheers

pingman said:
yendor. i tried visiting 2 shops, one is along sim ming, another one desker road. the former shop technician see my car, say scare and this kinda car cannot do. the desker road one give me a lecture on audio theory instead of listening to what i want.

u mentioned 'cut'. how bad is a 'cut'? can any shop dont 'cut' my ride?

The cut is just enough to let the magnet pass through. Go look for darren or ted at Autotrend. If they are not comfortable with fitting the speakers then you can pass. Chances are that the speakers can be upgraded easily unless the E65 is really that complicted. Integrating a head unit i can agree but speakers?

sounds wierd to me.

Cheers and good luck

blk 1002 Toa Payoh Lor 8 #01-1439
Tel 62533333

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member