Stainless Steel Brake Lines

galant1688

Any one has done this replacement upgrade to their brake lines?

What is the effect and is this mod recommended?
What would be the cost?

the hose do not expand under high tempreture when u're driving hard. Hence better "bite" for the brakes.. where when u step on the brakes.. u'll feel as it's very tight. Go down to bvo to ask for a quote. shld be within a range of 250 - 400 i think .

Anyways.. Are you the one driving the 330 with RD kit?. :thinking:

IMO if your car is a 330, the original ones are already very good.

Unless you track regularly or you do Orchard Gudang every night you probably would not need the brake line upgrades. From what the rest are saying, if you have a 330, the brakes and the brake lines are already very sufficient. Failing which you can always change the whole brake set up... some taiwanese brands out there very cheap now...

bro 1688,

from wat the rest means i think is that your 330 brake lines are sufficient if you don't whack your car too hard by braking. don't waste your money in taiwan brands IMO.

Be Original! 330 POWER!!!

SHAMELESS said:
bro 1688,

from wat the rest means i think is that your 330 brake lines are sufficient if you don't whack your car too hard by braking. don't waste your money in taiwan brands IMO.

Be Original! 330 POWER!!!
I saw on his boot is 330 but the road tax not 330 leh...

shaaz,

The reason for steel braided hoses is not to reduce thermal expansion but to reduce expansion of the hoses to prevent it from sapping away the hydraulic pressure i.e. less work expanding the hoses and more work in compressing the pads. Steel braided hoses improve brake feel and response.

galant1688,

I don't know how much it costs to obtain separately but steel braided hoses makes modulating the brakes so much easier. Important if you do a lot of trail braking. Goodridge is a reputable brand. Brembo uses them for their kits.
Bare in mind that the steel braided outer jacket traps dirt and sand which abrades at the synthetic hose inside so it must be inspected and replaced regularly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back