Steptronic feels notchy

samquek

Hello,

I went to see a used facelifted e46 the other day. It is a 330iA thats seen 60,000Kms. I have a specific question regarding the gearbox.

When I floor the accelarator (while gear in "D"), the car takes off very smoothly. No problems. When I move the auto gear to the left (before aligning it in -/+ mode), just the sequence of getting it to the left or right (back into "D") there is a serious nudge/ notchy sensation - as if the gate is messed up.

Otherwise, the car runs beautifully in either "D" and steptronic modes. There appears no slippage although some mechanical/electronic intervention kicks in to retard the wheelspin.

I am thinking about the car seriously and want to put any thoughts of premature gearbox failures aside! Any comments.

Thanks in advance. SQ

Re: Steptronic feels notchy

Hi Sam,

never experienced a notchy feeling during any switch.

Doesnt sound normal from my experience...

Mine is a 318 tho..

i think it should be ok .. just gotta get abit used to it.. when i test drove the car.. i wasnt used to the switch frm D to step and step back to D, after a while u will get used to it.. nothing wrong with the gearbox IMO, it's just a little stiff to get it back rite?. all's good then

samquek said:
When I move the auto gear to the left (before aligning it in -/+ mode), just the sequence of getting it to the left or right (back into "D") there is a serious nudge/ notchy sensation - as if the gate is messed up.

I don't have that problem. So it doesn't sound normal to me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aempro

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back