Stock Run Flat Tyres (E90)

Pathfinder

Hi,

Mine came with contipremiumcontact SSR 205/55/16 and done only 26K. After 15K, the tyres became noisy. Replace 4 new CPC SSR today. Was told that there are only 2 tyres available, the other is Brdigestone ER300 RFT.

Want to know any brothers' rides that come with the bridgestone and your feedback on the wet/dry performance and comfort?

Am amazed that the runflat tyres have a relatively short life, the wear is excessive for city driving and was told that the tyres should not be rotated.

Re: Stock Run Flat Tyres (E90)

IMO the Bridgestone runflat is much better then CPC. Agreed that runflat tyre has short life span. Why not change to normal tyres?

just wondering, when you guys change to a normal tire, what do you do in the case of a puncture?

ie. do you get a tire repair kit? how reliable are these?

my greatest fear is if the car puncture and my wife is driving... i can't imagine how piss she would be when she open the boot and not find a tire there.....

I face the same dilemma. Tossing between run flat or normal tyre.

I do travel very often to Malaysia. almost twice a month.

Have thought of changing it back to normal tyre but concerning the reliability of tire repair kit.

Hope to hear some advices from those whom have experience using the repair kit.

Frankly, for AAS members, this is a non-issue especially if only one tire runs flat. (They can either make a swop e.g. to the spinning wheel and use the tow truck to sent your ride to any place in Singapore. In Malaysia, AAM reciprocate. Touchwood how often two tires go flat at the same time. If so, some sort of wet sealant may have to be used.

Do note that I not advertsing for AAS, just an ordinary (life) member, hor! Therefore, it is worth considering this "little insurance!"

** But wait! I thought run-flat can help us to drive the vehicle safetly to a petrol/tire shop?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor88507

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back