Stone chip on bonnet

Audio086

How can i touch up the stone chip on the bonnet. Not too big, but eye sore on a black metallic colour. Will touch up paint help?

Re: Stone chip on bonnet

i've got a few stone chips on bonnet as well. my colour is black sapphire too but have resisted using touch up paint because i hear it makes the chips more obvious... only way to do it properly is spray the whole thing...

hi bro, what happened? travelled along a gravel filled road? I have 1 or 2 of those as well. Just use touch up paint with a tooth pick. Dun dab too much paint at once. dab a thin layer using the tooth pick each time until you are satisfied with the results.

Hi Bros

Stone chips can be an eye sore! My ride also kanna yesterday, but mine was on the roof top.... :( apparently someone throw a stone at my car while it was park at a condo. Now got 2 small but very obvious dents..... visiting Angie later.

pmguy;455546 said:
Hi Bros

Stone chips can be an eye sore! My ride also kanna yesterday, but mine was on the roof top.... :( apparently someone throw a stone at my car while it was park at a condo. Now got 2 small but very obvious dents..... visiting Angie later.
bro let me know the cost. am thinking of spraying as well. thanks

Angie has advised that the whole roof top need to respray, quite costly.
But after my visit, will let you know. Is yours on the top as well?

Localised spray painting is actually more difficult than respraying the whole panel. That is to give the consistency of the paint colour throughout the panel.

Another alternative is to accumulate more chips then spray the whole thing.
By then, you may get used to it and live happily ever after. I'm serious!

First chip - heart pain.
By the time the chips look like constellation in the night sky, you call them war scars. :laughlik:

i have a vampire bite (2 dots) on my bonnet. after each gromming session the touchup will come off due to the buffing and i have to touch up again.

if stone chips usually occur towards front of car (front bonnet, front bumpers, lower spoiler areas, etc) and to minimise such occurrences in the future, instal a thin plastic film similar to the ones on the headlights cover.
had mine done at j4c when i got my new rides and its a very good job.
if you are doing the entire panel, you can hardly see the film. but, if you are doing partial panel, you will be able to see a very fine line where the plastic film ends.

e46monster;455577 said:
if stone chips usually occur towards front of car (front bonnet, front bumpers, lower spoiler areas, etc) and to minimise such occurrences in the future, instal a thin plastic film similar to the ones on the headlights cover.
had mine done at j4c when i got my new rides and its a very good job.
if you are doing the entire panel, you can hardly see the film. but, if you are doing partial panel, you will be able to see a very fine line where the plastic film ends.
bro how much for bonnet and roof?

you will have to check with j4c for your requirements.
but, just to do partial front bonnet, complete bumper, front lights will be upwards of SGD1k depending of body panel complexity, area to be covered, etc.

btw, before i forget, you could also tint or smoke your rear light clusters (instead of spray painting) and at the same time protect them from scratches from washing, polishing, buffing. that will be about SGD100 upwards.

i have also contemplated on repairing 2 stone chips courtesy of IR trucks along ECP :( however quite relectant as the factory coat is still better than those locally sprayed.

prevention better than cure.
sorry, do not intend to rub damage in the metal (i mean skin) which is why the protective film was installed when i first got the new rides.
if chips even after all the pro-activeness then, its considered ce'est la vie.

Deadkookaburra;455608 said:
i have also contemplated on repairing 2 stone chips courtesy of IR trucks along ECP :( however quite relectant as the factory coat is still better than those locally sprayed.
if not too serious, was thinking use touch up paint that clear bra the bonnet of car. should not be able to see after that.

called up LTA quite a few times to kao peh those lorries driving around with more gravel than they can carry. overflowing from the lorry as they drive and ricocheting off the rear spinning wheels like a GPMG!!!

Back from Angie's workshop, takes 3 days, and cost $400/- for the job. Need to suction out the dent, smooth the surface before re-spraying the whole roof top. Plus there is another dent on the right side of my ride, also not sure when kanna.

If small dents and chips on the front bumper, can live with it, as not obvious.. but the top, very very obvious :(

bro slater, mine just like yours. come in a pair. Heart pain...... Where you get the touch up paint? Stones should hit the birds and not our cars.

After the film coat, how groomer polish the car?

i got my touch up paint from PML. i reckon after the clear bra on bonnet, they just got to wax over it. Lan lan. better than getting whacked on the raw paint surface right?

I have a dent on the left side of my ride also... eye sore... You guys saw it right.. should be going to angie to get it fix next week...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back