Straight Vertical Scratches on V-Kool Film installed on windows of E90

waterboy

Hi guys,
Just want to find out does anyone here have straight vertical scratches on the V-Kool Film install on your car windows?

After less then 1 week from installing V-Kool, I noticed there are at least 4 to 5 straight vertical scratches on each V-Kool film installed on the windows ! Some are fine hair line scratches and some are quite thick scratches. the scratches are very obvious !

I go Malaysia very often and I have to wind down the windows for the passport stamping imigration officers to look inside my car. So there are more and more scratches as the day passes.

I have contacted the guy at V-Kool Toh Guan and he told me its due to dirt trapped in 'dusting stripe' at the base of the window. He said it is very common problem with the BMW 3-series ! He is willing to change the films for all 4 windows and clean the dusting stripes but if it happens again, they will not do anything.

my previous E46 does not have this problem.

Does anyone have this problem ? How do you solve this problem?
I wonder how can dust cause the scratches? And since the V-Kool is installed on the inside, how can the inside of the window be that dusty when my car is less then 1 month old ? :confused:

Thanks

Re: Straight Vertical Scratches on V-Kool Film installed on windows of E90

I've notice a few on both my rear passenger window too. but only recently I realize it. I've got it installed for almost 3-4 months now.

will visit toh guan see what they gonna see to me. :)

will I be as lucky as you got replacement?

you have dirt in your window felts

that's one of the reasons i didnt install window films... also because i dont frequently park at open spaces...

they have a life span too, probably 5 years or so...

Vkool film is lifetime warranty. Better still is covered under Vkool Singapore, not the store you install them.

that will be from peeling and discoloration, not gouges or scratches

poster above me mention about lifespan. so I just said is covered no worries.

I didn't say anything regards warranty over scratches or gouges didn't I?

Lyneous, wtf mood are you in today mate? Get kicked out of bed this morning is it?

your first post in this thread stated you have a few in your passenger window and will go see the guy to see what he can do. So in summing up, i doubt they will warranty scratches. Thats why i said it, cause thats what i thought you meant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bapehoodies1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back