Strut Bars & Anti-Roll bars for E90

Alexyyk

Hi all,

Wanna find out the difference of strut bars and anti roll bars? Any brand do u recommend for E90? Normally how much does it cost to fix it?

Thanks.:)

Re: Strut Bars & Anti-Roll bars for E90

Alexyyk said:
Hi all,

Wanna find out the difference of strut bars and anti roll bars? Any brand do u recommend for E90? Normally how much does it cost to fix it?

Hi !

Go get the ARB, it will make your car handle so much better :)

If I am not wrong, E90 come with strut bar but very thin black in colour.
Go open your bonnet and have a look :)

I had HR ARB for my car.....kum xia kum xia wilson...hehe....u will be surprise what the two metal do to your car...hehe....much much Much better handling...hehe...PM wilman2772...he's a specialize mini mart for BMW's....:lol2: :lol2:

time to check my tyres liao..hehe...playin around too much...:laughlik:

Bmer said:
I had HR ARB for my car.....kum xia kum xia wilson...hehe....u will be surprise what the two metal do to your car...hehe....much much Much better handling...hehe...PM wilman2772...he's a specialize mini mart for BMW's....:lol2: :lol2:

time to check my tyres liao..hehe...playin around too much...:laughlik:

Wah lau eh!!! U finally say something!!!

Wer the hell u dissappeared to??

I need a proper review from you on the H&R swaybars for your E90!!!

Told you it'll change the character of your ride liao right??

But I still need your review!! kekekeke

U must be having lotsa fun recently till tires botak.....

'The Great White'

Wah lau eh!!! U finally say something!!!

Wer the hell u dissappeared to??

I need a proper review from you on the H&R swaybars for your E90!!!

Told you it'll change the character of your ride liao right??

But I still need your review!! kekekeke

U must be having lotsa fun recently till tires botak.....

'The Great White'

Dun so fierce lei...keke... I never disappear la...got to work one u know, if not how to pay off my debt for me car...:laughlik: .....how does a proper review looks like ah? Me not very good at writing one :lol2: ..... All I know now is whenever i see corners....my foot will get heavier....hehe... the body feels stiffer, minimal body roll.....sometimes i pity my tyres man...but then again, no regrets gettin the set of tyres too...contradicting hor...:lol2: :lol2:

Wilson wanna sponsor my next set of tyres...hehe....

Where to get the HR ARB? How much?

Alexyyk said:
Hi all,

They are both bars but made from different materials in general.

Strutbar is typically made of aluminium, hence very light. It's installed on the two tower mounts underneath your engine hood. Its purpose is mainly to stiffen the chasis/reduce flex when doin hard cornering. Some strutbar is mounted at the rear too. IMO, any strutbar is a good strut bar, no need to get a branded one. What is more important is the weight , strength n durability.

ARB is installed underneath your vehicle's front and rear axles.
They are heavier metal, mostly made of steel. Some are hollow bars.
Their primary function is to reduce body roll when cornering, hence inducing a flat feel. Most cars come with factory ARB. When you upgrade your ARB, you are basically goin for stiffer bars.

Both mods above do not adversely affect ride comfort in anyway.
They are good mod but if you hv to choose one, get uprated ARB first. The effect is immediate and u can't live w/o it once u r on it.

So strut bar = the bar on top, sway bar = anti roll bar = the bar at the under carriage and both serves the same purpose?

hoks said:
So strut bar = the bar on top, sway bar = anti roll bar = the bar at the under carriage and both serves the same purpose?

let ah beng try to explain in bengrish. I think what MMM is trying to say is:
Strut bar is a reinforcement bar to strength the car structure, make it more stiff.

ARB is like adding weight to the bottom of yr car to stabilise it during cornering so kreta wont roll so much, roll not as in rolling a bowling ball but roll as in the kind experience u get when u take our 1st class Transitlink buses when the bus driver turn left/right...u kena thrown to the right/left...

Tiu boh...hia dee?

Ah Beng Bro... all this time I tot a "bar" is where we go to have a drink and to chiong nia... like this can have effect on the car one meh?

Any commend of H&R or Eibach? Still can't decide which one to use?

Alexyyk said:
Any commend of H&R or Eibach? Still can't decide which one to use?

Guess branding is something pretty individual...H&R is good enough for me liao...no complains...just one reminder hor...whatever your final decision is, better be final, if not just the labour itself is gonna cost u a bomb...hehe... fyi, they need to drop your whole back suspension just to take the bar out....that's why labour is not cheap.:)

Hope this info helps.....TGIF...:woottt:

Either brand is good....
I guess many hv used H&R n are happy with it.

BMER
Installing the rear ARB requires the drop of the rear suspension on E90?
Not the case for E46 or any others as far as I know.

Beng Bro,
So where is a good place to go install the ARB? Whats a reasonable price range?

Alex,
You plan to install the ARB? Remember to chio me!! Tks.

Hey MMM,

I found out the hard way..keke..that's what i thought at first...then from opposite coffeeshop I saw them takin out my exhaust...from a 30 mins job...become a half a day thingy...hehe...according to ah wee(BVO), mine is the first car he saw so troublesome one...need to drop the whole thingy... however no regrets la...hehe...is all worth it.... i see if i can get some pix and post it here....:)

jawzsg said:
Ah Beng Bro... all this time I tot a "bar" is where we go to have a drink and to chiong nia... like this can have effect on the car one meh?

People talking about ARB, you must be thinking it stands for

A - Arh Go Go
R - Rubba Rubba
B - Bar

better dont OT wait kena yellow card from admin.

Ah Beng, kam sia for explaining...understand the rolling part but whats the purpose of making the car more "stiff" then? I thought making it stiff is to reduce "roll"?

TripleM said:
BMER
Installing the rear ARB requires the drop of the rear suspension on E90?
Not the case for E46 or any others as far as I know.

Jack... confirm. Its such a big hassle for the mechanic and installation is about $200 odd...

the H&R are good... I think they might be a little stiffer than the Eibach's... but its all up to you.. how flat u wanna corner... :) :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamewin79mobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back