Stupid Mech...dumbass!

tom_ting

Its a sad day for me instead of a happy day which i happily took my 325i for an oil change.

To cut long story short, oil filter first removed....and found that the car not align properly which the hoist arms cant load the car in the air.
Here comes the dumbass and STARTed my engine to reverse. Realised engine oil spilled on floor and quickly shut off engine. Whole provess was about 10 sec. for the oil spill to happen.

When hoisted on air, the draining of the remaining oil was like 1 litter or less.

I got so fired up and wanted to chew the iron bar in my mouth for moments....my wife was watching it and my heartbeat almost had a seizure....

When everything got cleaned up, new oil refill and started the engine. Everything sounds normal and quickly took it for a drive if any irregularities. Reach home after covering a 30 km distance and just now left the car idling to check if rpm fluctuates. To my relief, everything looks normal.

But, my worries started filling my mind and run wild if i had caused damages to the engine and or the internal components such as bearings....etc...

I could remember that up to the very last second before the engine was shut off without oil filter, no tapping noise was heard and nothing unusual....

The guy kept apologising and i would hope nothing serious was done to my engine.

So need to ask bros here if i should take note of anything from now onwards. Or should i send in for another check up?

Many Thanks

What a day! :verysad::shakehea:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stupid Mech...dumbass!

Straight to the point.. If the engine is not on the hottest temp when turn on with the oil spilling out. I don't think it will cause any issue. At least there are still oil remaining in the engine and all the piston and Conrod are at a point where they are still coated by a layer of oil.. But as a preventive measure.. Maybe you can have your beloved car check again by other workshop just to make sure that there are no oil leak or something.. =)) just sharing IMO

Cheers!

not sure what you are worried about - that engine oil was low when the engine was started? or the oil spilling into the engine bay?

if it's the former, then do not worry. engine will not seize immediately even when there oil level is low. will take quite a bit of driving without engine oil to cause seizure. there was an episode in Fifth Gear that demonstrated this.

if it's the latter, i'm sure you would have made sure that the workshop cleaned it up before you collected your car?

10sec of running the engine even without oil will not cause damage. like ken46 said there's still some residual oil coating the moving parts. so your car should be fine.

i litre oil gone no issue....as long as there is some oil in your engine short run and no high rev should not have major harm as the lubrication still functioning, No worry for short run without oil filter..

Its more like messing up your engine compartment but I will fcuk that idiot SOB...btw who is the idiot?

Say it... which workshop?

Anyway, don't think you need to worry too much. 10 secs without oil will not cause your engine to seize.

tom_ting;664150 said:
Its a sad day for me instead of a happy day which i happily took my 325i for an oil change.

To cut long story short, oil filter first removed....and found that the car not align properly which the hoist arms cant load the car in the air.
Here comes the dumbass and STARTed my engine to reverse. Realised engine oil spilled on floor and quickly shut off engine. Whole provess was about 10 sec. for the oil spill to happen.

When hoisted on air, the draining of the remaining oil was like 1 litter or less.

I got so fired up and wanted to chew the iron bar in my mouth for moments....my wife was watching it and my heartbeat almost had a seizure....

When everything got cleaned up, new oil refill and started the engine. Everything sounds normal and quickly took it for a drive if any irregularities. Reach home after covering a 30 km distance and just now left the car idling to check if rpm fluctuates. To my relief, everything looks normal.

But, my worries started filling my mind and run wild if i had caused damages to the engine and or the internal components such as bearings....etc...

I could remember that up to the very last second before the engine was shut off without oil filter, no tapping noise was heard and nothing unusual....

The guy kept apologising and i would hope nothing serious was done to my engine.

So need to ask bros here if i should take note of anything from now onwards. Or should i send in for another check up?

Many Thanks

What a day! :verysad::shakehea:

No worries, should be fine. I personally know of someone who tried to change his own engine oil at home, but could not take out the oil filter, so he drove his car for at least 10km to the workshop with the ENGINE OIL CAP OFF! Engine oil spilled all over his engine bay but engine was still running fine. When bonnet was opened at the workshop, the mechanic and my friend eyes almost popped out!

Wow...many thnks to all the hiadees, really appreciate all the inputs. I am more concerned towards the engine as a matter of fact as this happened all too sudden right in front of my eyes.
I am paranoid bcos even new BMW engine will give rise problems, and this incident would be like spaying salt onto the wounds....

Well, lets hope the engine will continue to serve me well without drama....god bless.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back