sudden brake going down slope.

black man

I hv enjoyed my ride for a month now. Everything seems fine. But sometimes when I enter/exit carpark going down slope, the car sudden brake by itself like a jam brake for less than a second.

Of course when going down slope at slow speed, I use brake to control speed but I dont jam brake the car.

Any one encounter this?

Re: sudden brake going down slope.

black man;848131 said:
I hv enjoyed my ride for a month now. Everything seems fine. But sometimes when I enter/exit carpark going down slope, the car sudden brake by itself like a jam brake for less than a second.

Of course when going down slope at slow speed, I use brake to control speed but I dont jam brake the car.

Any one encounter this?

today i got it once.. but it seems to be more of engine brake.. :thinking:

If u observe e rpm properly, even in auto mode (unlike old days), when slowing down, it will downshift to utilize engine brake too. This will happen when e speed is too low (during slowing down) for current gear, it shifts down another gear. This will be more noteable especially in Sport mode.

Do not that under gradually slowing down, e down shifting is not so 'aggressive' too. It will present a sudden jerk if the current speed drops fast whereby e current gear is ineffective for engine brake.

I've had this problem as well, usually going down a car park ramp at slow speed. The car downshifts very abruptly.

Is a safety feature to make use of gear ratio to slow down veh during downslope. I think u can put to D/S to manage your gear ratio.

honestly it sounds weird that you have to put your gear to D/S when moving around in a multi storey carpark... i get the reason why you put to d/s to manage gear ratio but its an irony, in carpark when moving slow you engage d/s sports mode...when in the highway set to auto comfort...i think BMW got to reflect abit...

zhenlie;849180 said:
honestly it sounds weird that you have to put your gear to D/S when moving around in a multi storey carpark... i get the reason why you put to d/s to manage gear ratio but its an irony, in carpark when moving slow you engage d/s sports mode...when in the highway set to auto comfort...i think BMW got to reflect abit...

Oh Bro, I means it will auto engage lower ratio gear when go downslope as a safety feature. I personally like it as your feel confident as u are in control of the car.

nighthawkcity;848202 said:
today i got it once.. but it seems to be more of engine brake.. :thinking:

....personally ...I reckon it is more of a safety feature den a problem...

...engine brake..

...mine will kick in ...when I tap on my brakes in certain ways...eg: sumwad abrupt or hesitantly...most times, it's during lights ....

...makes me sound like a hiong driver ...:sleepy:... But u knw wad I mean...I hope....

If all else fails, go back to driving school and re-learn throttle control :nehnehhh:

black man;848131 said:

Any one encounter this?

It happen to me going down slop on a raining day in Airport T3 carpark, it sort of Brake suddenly when I'm turning right into the slope, and my Rear end started to skid ...I had to fight the steering to recover ...I was shock for awhile...so F20 folks going down wet slope better be careful.

BimmerHead;850138 said:
It happen to me going down slop on a raining day in Airport T3 carpark, it sort of Brake suddenly when I'm turning right into the slope, and my Rear end started to skid ...I had to fight the steering to recover ...I was shock for awhile...so F20 folks going down wet slope better be careful.

Kena the same situation going down a wet slope to basement car park.

Look like it is common issue among f20s. I actually feel it mre like a brake itself than an egine brake.

Not sure if we can check officially with pml tech guy.

An enging brake like in MT car isn't that sudden.

Guys, our car come with down slope assist.

we got up hill assist too.

kelnalevin;850475 said:
Guys, our car come with down slope assist.

we got up hill assist too.

Yah..but cannot assist until car start skidding :juggle:

kelnalevin;850512 said:
skidding? wet floor?
or lousy tires?

Bro..we just took our cars F20..if default PML tyres is CSC2 Run Flat, mine is on P-Zero 18:..my friend on M-Kit 118 call me just after reading my post..told me he skidded down his office slope last week ..just mis one car park at the side..and yes most times on wet slope...can't be all of us Kayu Driver :juggle:

Ivan Chan;850567 said:
PML car or PI car?could it be software problem?

PML Cars, not sure the other Bro..we suspect is software issue...:confused:

BimmerHead;850568 said:
PML Cars, not sure the other Bro..we suspect is software issue...:confused:

Lucky u. At least can go back to PML demand them to solve the issue. Better tat u go back PML to check what is happening coz brake issue is a serious problem.

BimmerHead;850563 said:
Bro..we just took our cars F20..if default PML tyres is CSC2 Run Flat, mine is on P-Zero 18:..my friend on M-Kit 118 call me just after reading my post..told me he skidded down his office slope last week ..just mis one car park at the side..and yes most times on wet slope...can't be all of us Kayu Driver :juggle:

then u better bring it back to check.
mine does brake, but never skidded.

going down Taka slope, no need to step on brake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back