Suspension Upgrade

Hasher

Any recommendation of good brand coilover or suspension to intro? Car stock gantung now like sampan liao bouncy when going fast or should i buy back stock but too ex.

either KW or STX..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Just changed mine to Bilstein B4 which is much cheaper than original.
Comfortable similar to stock.
Do note that tyre gap will be high.

Just changed mine to Bilstein B4 which is much cheaper than original.
Comfortable similar to stock.
Do note that tyre gap will be high.

B4 is the oem replacement for stock shocks. So it's the exact same damping rates when new. Height is determined by spring not shock.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168611

Plenty of reviews out there both good and bad.

If you just want bragging rights i.e (YEA look at me im on coilovers !), its not too bad all things considered you prob don't track the car and wont be bothered to mess around with the settings on it on ANY given occasion and given that most won't keep their car for more then 10 years it might last a bit longer.

Do remember that you're going to give up the oem magic carpet ride feeling, NVH (noise vibration and harshness) WILL increase so depends on your comfort level.

Do remember that coilovers are NOT plug and play you're going to have to spend TIME and effort dialing it in PROPERLY instead of just slapping it in and going forth.

Last edited:
Why is this answer so hush hush.Such a strange thing for a public forum :D

B4, mounting, stoppers bought from Eng Soon approx $730 before GST.
Installed by workshop recommended by Eng Soon next door start with alphabet B. Installation charges $400 before GST for all absorbers and lower arm upper arms & control arms.

Why is this answer so hush hush.Such a strange thing for a public forum :D
There are site sponsors here, so exposing pricing here can be kinda sensitive. However I agree with you, as long as the prices stated are "approx, about, range from etc" should be ok and not offend any of them. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shabaooo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back