Technical Help!

evantan66

Dear administrator , Sorry had to post here as can't start new thread.
My ride is 11/06 E90 mileage 45k.
I feel slight vibrations whenever I drive above 80km/h. Sent to PML n was told maybe propellor shaft faulty. Quoted $1600 for repair. Was advised to do high speed on-wheel balancing n alignment which I did.
Sent to non agent workshop n was told it was the drive shaft faulty n not propellor shaft. Repaired at $1200 but problem still persist.
They swapped a propellor shaft from another car onto my car but still cannot resolve the problem.
My car is in workshop for 6 days already!
Does anyone ever had this problem? Pls recommend a workshop. any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Technical Help!

evantan66;748865 said:
Dear administrator , Sorry had to post here as can't start new thread.
My ride is 11/06 E90 mileage 45k.
I feel slight vibrations whenever I drive above 80km/h. Sent to PML n was told maybe propellor shaft faulty. Quoted $1600 for repair. Was advised to do high speed on-wheel balancing n alignment which I did.
Sent to non agent workshop n was told it was the drive shaft faulty n not propellor shaft. Repaired at $1200 but problem still persist.
They swapped a propellor shaft from another car onto my car but still cannot resolve the problem.
My car is in workshop for 6 days already!
Does anyone ever had this problem? Pls recommend a workshop. any help will be much appreciated.

when you mention slight vibration meaning??? Steering vibrates? Engine? or whole car vibrates? or Driver vibrates? you sure is not your hp???

cheers

ac323;748870 said:
when you mention slight vibration meaning??? Steering vibrates? Engine? or whole car vibrates? or Driver vibrates? you sure is not your hp???

cheers
Hi, the whole car vibrates but it's very slight but enough to make me feel uneasy. U can feel it more when holding onto steering wheel. No problem with rims n tires as did rotation,balancing and alignment already.
No vibrations from driver or hp.

evantan66;748882 said:
Hi, the whole car vibrates but it's very slight but enough to make me feel uneasy. U can feel it more when holding onto steering wheel. No problem with rims n tires as did rotation,balancing and alignment already.
No vibrations from driver or hp.

Hi Evan,

could be ignition coil...........
can try 2277 Brandz Workshop over at Blk 51, #01-11, Paya Ubi.....

cheers

Any bro's here can recommend which w/s do high speed balancing + wheel alignment for our rides?

Thanks in advance .

Cheers

duke.sg;749686 said:
Any bro's here can recommend which w/s do high speed balancing + wheel alignment for our rides?

Thanks in advance .

Cheers

hey bro,

here u go

Kian Teong Auto Centre
Block 176, Sin Ming Drive
#01-08 Sin Ming AutoCare
Singapore 575721
Tel: 6 455 6268
Fax: 6 455 5166

Thanks bro Steven for the contacts... Very near my place actually.

Cheers

Hi, may I know did you managed to get your E90 car vibration resolve? I'm driving a 2007 pre LCI E60 having the same vibration issue but only when the car is idling or coming to a stop. Changed the engine mount and went to the workshope several times and the root cause can't be found..

ckng;786614 said:
Hi, may I know did you managed to get your E90 car vibration resolve? I'm driving a 2007 pre LCI E60 having the same vibration issue but only when the car is idling or coming to a stop. Changed the engine mount and went to the workshope several times and the root cause can't be found..

Hi ckng, I did not managed to resolve this problem. My technician changed several parts including propellor shaft, drive shaft n a couple other parts but still cant solve it.
I went to BVO n was told this is a common problem with this model( I test drove 2 other cars age abt 4-5yr old n 1 of them had the same problem as mine)! I was told it could cost above $10K to troubleshoot with no garantee of success!
So in the end no choice but just have to live with it. Actually the vibration is not very profound n some people might not even feel it!
Good luck to u n hope u can find resolve yr problem,. Do let me know if u find a solution. Maybe u can seek advice from BVO.
Rgds, evan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back