Terrible Singtel 3G Coverage

pengful

How many of you are experiencing worse than normal 3G coverage in the last few months? For me, Beach Road Gateway West and Vivocity areas are the worst. Web pages and Facebook pages are loading, loading, loading... Wtf!

Have written to complain and waiting to see what they will do. I also asked them a straight-in-the-face question if they are trottling 3G to make LTE look good.

Re: Terrible Singtel 3G Coverage

pengful;909357 said:
How many of you are experiencing worse than normal 3G coverage in the last few months? For me, Beach Road Gateway West and Vivocity areas are the worst. Web pages and Facebook pages are loading, loading, loading... Wtf!

Have written to complain and waiting to see what they will do. I also asked them a straight-in-the-face question if they are trottling 3G to make LTE look good.

m1 no 3G signal at all within vivo vicinity...

i'm using Starhub ... 3G coverage sucks big time
when tele-sales call me whether want to upgrade to 4G i told them i'm going to revert to pager liao since their 3G cannot-make-it

3G coverage

compare to class 1 = Korea and Japan = no fight
compare to class 2 = HK and Taiwan = no fight
compare to class 3 = Malaysia = also no fight

seriously, the 3G coverage in KL is 2x better in term of signal strength and download speed

Last edited by a moderator:

i set to 2G most of the time... sound stupid but at least i get signal full bar most of the time... call, sms, whatsapp no problem... when I need to surf net then i switch to 3G...

When i bought a low end mobile phone for my reservist, the 2G signal is much much better
So much so that i'm a bit reluctant to change back to my usual phone

yeah ... when i called support to comprain ... simple answer is switch to 2G
i fk them ... wtf i sign up data 3G plan for?

Centurion9990;909366 said:
i set to 2G most of the time... sound stupid but i get signal full bar most of the time... call, sms, whatsapp no problem... when I need to surf net then i switch to 3G...

Area like Woodland/sungei Kadut, BKE/PIE to changi, Kallang-PIE etc from Singtel no coverage at all.

So if M1 and Starhub also bad, then we better suck thumb. The next complaint may be to IDA.

did my test, ST fares much better than both M1 and SH. :p the joke here is, i heard many ST customers complain and quit the telco and left for SH or M1 in a huff, only to realize they are in for worse shit and reception. Bandwidth depends on number of base stations that Telco owns within a area, and suffice to say, i think ST has the most number of base station amongst the 3 telcos. have to be right when you have the biggest market share and most number of consumers.

the choked up bandwidth has nothing to do with the telcos. fair enough they could install more base stations to increase coverage but cost notwithstanding, that doesn't solve anything. just like how the govt realize more COE is counter intuitive, so they cut lor and let citizens do our self regulation. All in all, its Singaporeans usage of data thats blocking up the bandwidth. we are a crazy bunch of folks depending on the web for everything.

if we compare to other countries, our price plan and data bundle much more superior than other countries, yet all of us complain. maybe a case of being over pampered.

I have learnt to accept and find my own remedy - akin to what some bros here say, switch around network for different uses. :)

Concur with some of the users here. I was previously on SingTel, but cos I switched firms, I now use a company phone with Starhub. On the PIE drive back from Corporation Road to Police Academy, my call drops a minimum of 4 times during that journey. On hindsight, no complains with SingTel at all.

wt_know;909362 said:
3G coverage

compare to class 1 = Korea and Japan = no fight
compare to class 2 = HK and Taiwan = no fight
compare to class 3 = Malaysia = also no fight

seriously, the 3G coverage in KL is 2x better in term of signal strength and download speed

I agree. on starhub as well. Seems to be getting really slow lately. or should I say after 4G is out?

i don't believe the conspiracy theory of deliberately making 3G slow to make 4G looks great
all the while all telco 3G sucks !!! that's the fact

vegadonovan;909423 said:
I agree. on starhub as well. Seems to be getting really slow lately. or should I say after 4G is out?

you should see CBD area ...so damn lousy until i want to throw the 4S
i never get 3G esp at AIA building / fulleraton / some area along shenton ...
and worst my office is like blind spot...always on GPRS haiz

wt_know;909426 said:
i don't believe the conspiracy theory of deliberately making 3G slow to make 4G looks great
all the while all telco 3G sucks !!! that's the fact

I am not sure it's deliberate but backbone capacity is not cheap and if they decide to ratelimit the 3G services to allocate more for 4G subscribers, this will happen naturally but never intended. 4G is just an access to the grid. the grid has a pipe to the content. pipe needs to be shared between xGs. that's my guess.

In Tampines central after 6pm, I can search for signal to surf internet until battery from 80% become 15%

3G and 2G Singtel is unparallel with Starhub and M1. My friend on Starhub and always drop calls whenever he is on the road talking to me. 3-4 times at least per call. Now that he switched to Singtel recently, no call drop.

4G/LTE M1 has the most coverage at the moment.

Vivocity is really bad for Singtel 3G I agree.... hopefully your complain with do some good.

Singtel is the lesser of the 3 evils.... lan lan... just swallow.

Stinktel is like PML. It sucks but everyone still goes for it cos it has the best infrastructure. Marina financial centre no network. ION Orchard no network.

Thumb, meet mouth.

Yup.
Strongly agreed with you that Singtel 3G suck big time at Beach road area. Especially at the open area between Gateway East and West.

pengful;909357 said:

And to think Sg so small!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups