The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

kenntona

Legendary 10 Years
Let's keep this thread as a soccer thread.......

Contrary to pre-match, BPL teams did better than the Italian teams:

Arsenal 1 Roma 0
Inter Milan 0 Man Utd 0

Lyon 1 Barcelona 1
A Madrid 2 Porto 2

Tonight:

Real Madrid vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs Juventus
Sporting CP vs Bayern Munich
Villareal vs Panathinaikos

Your thoughts?

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

i hate liverpoo most
i hate manure 2nd most
i hate aston village now 3rd most
i hate chelski 4th most

Toto, Arsenal is a soul-less team lah. You need replacements for Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry. Current team are young and skillful, but lacks inspirations. Willem Gallas is tearing the team apart rather than gelling it.

Aston Martin impressive this season, but going through a bit of a wobble of late. Hope it's just a bit of a wobble and not the start of a collapse, and they stay in the top 4. Sorry Toto.

Arsenal seems to be physically weak. A brush here and someone goes off injured. Seems like the team is depleted...

imho, Arsenal misses the old midfield (Gilberto, Viera, Pires and Ljunberg) the most.

Pires vs Nasri: No fight. Although the same type of player, Pires control is much better.

Viera vs Fabregas / Diaby: Also no fight. Unless both Fabregas and Diaby can somehow literally merge together to become one player. Fabregas is good going forward with creative passing, but can't hold the ball. Diaby is the total opposite.

Ljunberg vs Eboue: Ljunberg is a fighter, Eboue is a whiner.

Gilberto Silva vs Song: Song is the worst player in the team...he's like what momo sissoko was for Liverpool. Get possesion and give it back to opponent.

Sissoko was a joke. Because of him, Benitez die die played Gerrard on the right wing. That period was Benitez's horror stories.

I dont see the 0-0 for ManUtd as good. Inter just have to grab 1 goal at O.Traf and Utd are in for it.

benchmarc;418479 said:
I dont see the 0-0 for ManUtd as good. Inter just have to grab 1 goal at O.Traf and Utd are in for it.

Yeah, imagine Inter get an early goal at OT, then defend for the rest of the match....

benchmarc said:
Wins aside, a 1-1 or 2-2 draw would be better than 0-0, but take a look at Man Utd's backline - without Vidic, Neville or Raphael or Brown, with John O'Shea and Jonny Evans filling in after injuries, I would be contented with a draw. At Old Trafford, Man Utd's record is impeccable, as long as Van Der Sar stays in goal.

Man U dominated at San Siro, chances are they will dominate at Old Trafford. But you never know, some Ibrahimovic magic and it'll be over..

marklee said:
Man U dominated at San Siro, chances are they will dominate at Old Trafford. But you never know, some Ibrahimovic magic and it'll be over..
Ibrahimovic versus Ronaldo?

Let Kenntona intro you these two.......

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TREvkJQdzLg[/YOUTUBE]

kenntona;418483 said:
Wins aside, a 1-1 or 2-2 draw would be better than 0-0, but take a look at Man Utd's backline - without Vidic, Neville or Raphael or Brown, with John O'Shea and Jonny Evans filling in after injuries, I would be contented with a draw. At Old Trafford, Man Utd's record is impeccable, as long as Van Der Sar stays in goal.

VDS is nothing without the defence, that said, so are all keepers. Look at his time at Fulham. I foresee them trying to pound Inter at OT but surely not an easy task.
Home and Away 2 diff games, maybe Morihno was playing for the 0-0?

As for pool... if Gerard plays, maybe a draw... without him, I dun believe they can survive.

Walao, even before David Lee's and Arumugam's era....... I think Dollah Kassim's time?

Last night for those who drove past the underpass - adam road towards lornie road hate toto & kenn most....I think the 2 x driver from the MPVs wet their pants becasue of you two cb kias zoomed past like bullet estimate 2x NSH speed limit. I pity the saden car driver who you guys shot past from left and right......must be scared the hell out of him and still wondering simi tai-chi! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Honestly, me was behind you guys can see that quite dangerous to drive at that speed.... :screwedu:

kenntona;418499 said:
Walao, even before David Lee's and Arumugam's era....... I think Dollah Kassim's time?

Yeah...kim song era!

arsenal62 said:
Last night for those who drove past the underpass - adam road towards lornie road hate toto & kenn most....I think the 2 x driver from the MPVs wet their pants becasue of you two cb kias zoomed past like bullet estimate 2x NSH speed limit. I pity the saden car driver who you guys shot past from left and right......must be scared the hell out of him and still wondering simi tai-chi!

Honestly, me was behind you guys can see that quite dangerous to drive at that speed....
Please do not OT a soccer thread.

BTW, not bad, you can catch up !!!

:nehnehhh:

jileng. u dun understand the full story. we both saw a gti trying to be funny. the driver ask me wind down window n spew confucianism at me. i scared he hoot me...so i run. i worry for my safety.

kenntona;418436 said:
Let's keep this thread as a soccer thread.......

Contrary to pre-match, BPL teams did better than the Italian teams:

Arsenal 1 Roma 0
Inter Milan 0 Man Utd 0

Lyon 1 Barcelona 1
A Madrid 2 Porto 2

Tonight:

Real Madrid vs Liverpool
Chelsea vs Juventus
Sporting CP vs Bayern Munich
Villareal vs Panathinaikos

Your thoughts?

Not sure anyone have noticed..over the past few seasons BPL teams have dominated in europe...the last 4 teams of the Champs LEague would always feature at least 1 BPL team..sad but true..unless the other so called big teams from italy (AC milan, Inter etc) , spain(Barca, Real) etc ,germany (BM) start buying players who can really tackle and not rely so much on technical skills...i see BPL dominance over europe for many yrs to come... sad but true again...

Its really a shift of power...80's thru to early 90's Italian Soccer is the best...late 90 ~ early 2k spainish soccer was the best..now..its BPL.......-_-zzz

add on..btw BPL teams the best doesnt mean the english plays the best soccer...more like they have the best mix of foreign players there =p
________
Glass Bongs

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jisanmia

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups