The Rim Destroyer...

kyeong

Something weird caused my rims to become like dat... (see attached pics)

My main suspect: Turtle Wax Tyre Foam...

Anyone got solution?

P.s. i tried scrubbing ... with a few different type of cleaners... no lasa.. the black stuff got slight sticky feel ... if i scrubbed very hard.. it juz go onto another area... like it cannot be removed... it spreads...

View attachment 67160
View attachment 67161
View attachment 67162

Re: The Rim Destroyer...

yes....taya shine will leave stains on rims. Thats why i make sure the liquid do not contact with my rims.

I try not to use them at all if possible.

Appreciate bros for ur replies ;)

Car polish tried.. X

Ya... Last time use tyre shine also no such problem... Something chemically must hv reacted with the rim... Sigh...

Maybe i will go get tt 3M adhesive remover... Will post result later..

Dishwashing soap

Dish washing liquid. Dont see the need for special liquids to wash rims.

polishing products for wiping off stains.

Can try the rim cleaner from SONAX for rims washing... apparently it is PH neutral so doesn't corrode.. at least that what works for me, cos v easy to use just spray and then splash water gaotim, i no time to scrub the spoke one by one look clean can alr since gonna drive anyway =P

Read some negative feedbacks on rim liquids. I try not to let rims unwashed for too long. First rinse with water mixed with car washing liquid, and let it soak for a while. After that take time to wash & scrub rims with soft cloth. Bit of work but they look good after without destroying paint.

true, rims if left unwashed over a period of time will habe the brake dust eat into it and would be extremely difficult to get rid the next time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaosky88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back