Throttle Body Spacers - Whats the use?

ACS6

Guys,

I've been studying this for quite some time but still can't figure out how it'll result in noticeable gains, other than throttle response.

From AFE's website...
46-31001_400.jpg

46-31001C_400.jpg

Silver Bullet throttle body spacers create turbulence in the air flow at the point just prior entry into the engine increasing horsepower, torque and improving throttle response and fuel efficiency. Silver Bullet throttle body spacers are constructed out of durable T-6061 billet aluminum and using a unique serrated/helix entry to create turbulence at the manifold while eliminating the annoying whistle found in other helix only throttle spacers.

So what do you guys think? Real gains or just another part to spend money on for mod-sake? I know an aftermarket throttle body with a larger core will definitely help, but a spacer?

ACS6

Re: Throttle Body Spacers - Whats the use?

interesting..the first time i hear this

Read about it.....

Dunno about the real gains......but I believe there is at least 2~3bhp gains on this mod.....

'The Great White'

You got me checking out their website. A swirling mass of air does have more energy than if its flowing straight. Only thing is it still has to twist and turn to get to the manifold. BMW spent lots of man hours tuning your plumbing to increase air velocity as it enters your inlet manifold. The premature swirling of intake air may be counteracted by BMW's intake design thus reducing rather than increasing your HP.

In order to get empirical results, you'll have to buy one, dyno your car before and after fitment. If the results are negative, tell everyone how good the product is and sell it on.

How much does it cost? Cant hurt to try

Philbie, it's cheap as chips. Might start with a larger core throttle body instead of this. 2-3 horses in a 6er...pfftt...how in the world am I going to tell the difference? LOL.

jon2367;494324 said:
You got me checking out their website. A swirling mass of air does have more energy than if its flowing straight. Only thing is it still has to twist and turn to get to the manifold. BMW spent lots of man hours tuning your plumbing to increase air velocity as it enters your inlet manifold. The premature swirling of intake air may be counteracted by BMW's intake design thus reducing rather than increasing your HP.

In order to get empirical results, you'll have to buy one, dyno your car before and after fitment. If the results are negative, tell everyone how good the product is and sell it on.

hahahahhaha

Terry, you post whore.

Hahahahahahaha....duh

ACS6;504190 said:
Terry, you post whore.

Hahahahahahaha....duh

its not post whoring im in a very tight race for top poster of the month...im just behind Slater

OK help you....reply pls.

Didn't buy the spacers. Waiting to get the Dinan throttle body upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slotmpo99id

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back