Tinting flims for rear windscreen and passenger windows

jaskin

Legendary 10 Years
Taken off the LTA website:

Tinted films

The following requirements must be met when installing tinted films:

a) They must not be of the reflective type.
b) They must be tested for compliance with light transmittance requirements by a competent agent accepted by LTA e.g. Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board (SPRING) and authorised vehicle inspection centres.
c) The resultant light transmittance for the front windscreen and two front passenger windows must be at least 70%.
d) The resultant light transmittance for the rear windscreen and the rear passenger windows must be at least 25%.
e) The front windscreen must not prevent, obstruct or interfere with the transmission of signals between the In-vehicle Unit (IU) and Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) facility.

IS this the most current policy?

I dunno if there is any updates. I was told by one of the tint flim company that theirs is 18% and its approved by LTA?! dunno how true. Must check with you guys to confirm.

jaskin said:
Taken off the LTA website:

Tinted films

The following requirements must be met when installing tinted films:

a) They must not be of the reflective type.
b) They must be tested for compliance with light transmittance requirements by a competent agent accepted by LTA e.g. Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board (SPRING) and authorised vehicle inspection centres.
c) The resultant light transmittance for the front windscreen and two front passenger windows must be at least 70%.
d) The resultant light transmittance for the rear windscreen and the rear passenger windows must be at least 25%.
e) The front windscreen must not prevent, obstruct or interfere with the transmission of signals between the In-vehicle Unit (IU) and Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) facility.

IS this the most current policy?

I don't think yu should do 18%. Anything less than 35% all round is quite dangerous already.

Hey guys, i recently did my tint at this place along Rangoon road. Name of the shop is called Novox. So far they've done a pretty good job on the tint and at a very reasonable price too. It cost $350 for the whole car. Name of the film is called SunGard i think. But anyhow you guys may give the boss a call. His name is Ronald, number is 90220001.

Cheers

wow! even 25% for rear is very little leow.

rex7_vtec said:
Hey guys, i recently did my tint at this place along Rangoon road. Name of the shop is called Novox. So far they've done a pretty good job on the tint and at a very reasonable price too. It cost $350 for the whole car. Name of the film is called SunGard i think. But anyhow you guys may give the boss a call. His name is Ronald, number is 90220001.

Cheers
hi, what are the percentage of tint and heat rejection for the front n rear???

snowman said:

Hmmm I have'nt got a slightest clue about the heat rejection dawg... It wun be as good as V-Kool....but for the price that I paid, it sure looks good and feels good =)

The tint I got was 25% sides and rear, 0% for the quarter windows and 70% for the front windscreen. So its just like putting on your sunnies on our car.

rex7_vtec said:
snowman said:

Hmmm I have'nt got a slightest clue about the heat rejection dawg... It wun be as good as V-Kool....but for the price that I paid, it sure looks good and feels good =)

The tint I got was 25% sides and rear, 0% for the quarter windows and 70% for the front windscreen. So its just like putting on your sunnies on our car.
when u say 25% for sides, u mean for all the four sides?? meaning the front two sides and the rear two sides??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666in1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back