TPMS

trogen

Hope all the bros can help me here. Just bought a F30 from PML last month.

I read about TPMS on the internet. Do our stock types come with these devices installed on the wheels ? How does the sensors transmit to the car's computer since there is no cables from the rotating wheels to the body?

Re: TPMS

TPMS for cars here at the moment rely on the ABS to detect rotational differences to determine if a tyre is flat / losing pressure. It doesn't have the ability to tell you what the actual pressure is. If you want that you can check with some of our site sponsors who can perform the retrofit. To the best of my knowledge this system is presently mandated only in the USA.

Europe and ROW for the moment only get flat tyre monitoring like you have which doesn't need sensors in the wheels.

Our stock does not come with the TPMS. You will have to get the sensors to be fitted into our wheels and also a additional module to read the tyre pressure. I got mine from Elebest. You can check with him for more details.

I am planning to buy from the U.S BMW the 4x sensors that are supposed to install on the rim/ tyres. I supposed they are sensors that senses and emit signals to the car for reading. What is this "module" that is required for the car to read the signals? How much is it ?

as 340driver mentioned bimmer F30 does equipped with TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring System)which is ABS base sensor
it measure data(probably RPM from your car ABS) changes
thus every time should touch anything about your tyre or wheels (replacement / puncture repair / topping up
you should re-initialize it.
As for those aftermarket TPMS are sensor base type, which you need to install it on the rim (attached with a valve stem)
for car like Bimmer or car already equipped with factory TPMS(ABS based) I will not recommend to install those aftermarket TPMS .
especially Bimmer fitted with run flat tyre , you may find problem every time you touch your tyre.
just for general info the latest F10(5 ser) and F01 F02 (7 ser) original equipped TPMS will indicate which tyre pressure lost
unlike others only prompt you your tyre pressure lost and check pressure

roberttan;1086260 said:
as 340driver mentioned bimmer F30 does equipped with TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring System)which is ABS base sensor
it measure data(probably RPM from your car ABS) changes
thus every time should touch anything about your tyre or wheels (replacement / puncture repair / topping up
you should re-initialize it.
As for those aftermarket TPMS are sensor base type, which you need to install it on the rim (attached with a valve stem)
for car like Bimmer or car already equipped with factory TPMS(ABS based) I will not recommend to install those aftermarket TPMS .
especially Bimmer fitted with run flat tyre , you may find problem every time you touch your tyre.
just for general info the latest F10(5 ser) and F01 F02 (7 ser) original equipped TPMS will indicate which tyre pressure lost
unlike others only prompt you your tyre pressure lost and check pressure

Very good description on RPM based TP monitoring system.

TPMS fitted in EleBest is Original BMW stuff:
FYI:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/elebes...e-pressure-management-system-retrofitted.html

One correction:
For Latest 5 6 7 series in Singapore, there is no TPMS(2VB) option.
For 1 2 3 4 series: TPMS 2VB is currently only available in USA market.
Difference between TPMS 2VB will read the exact value of tyre pressure and the temperature of each tyre. And TPMS will show them in your original Central Information Display (CID).

max if You were so kind of respond me. i would know if there is a tpms retrofit for a F10 with vin c514760 and how does it cost.
thanks

lacucha77;1099540 said:
max if You were so kind of respond me. i would know if there is a tpms retrofit for a F10 with vin c514760 and how does it cost.
thanks

Check your whatsapp. Thanks. Max

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegas79download

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups