Transmission overheating

Hiei

has anyone experienced transmission over heating b4??

went up to ipoh recently.. was travelling bout 180 -190 throughout... then my transmission overheat icon lit up... will it affect my car coz i am going up genting soon..

Re: Transmission overheating

nvr got any tickets :p
i was driving around 3 - 8 am

on the way up saw a mercedes in flames O_O

Incredible issue. There's definitely something wrong. Many of us have gone up north trying to sustain around 180-220 without any transmission issues. Simply, the transmission (if auto) would have locked anyway and not generate so much heat.

any suggestions on what i can do??

i'll be leaving SG for genting next tues..

sorry, I'm not so good a diagnostician for autotrans. If nobody answers you here, you must bring it to PML for a checkup.

Hiei;270719 said:
has anyone experienced transmission over heating b4??

went up to ipoh recently.. was travelling bout 180 -190 throughout... then my transmission overheat icon lit up... will it affect my car coz i am going up genting soon..

If you are going up genting soon, DO NOT untill you find out what problem it is. Going up genting puts alot of stress on ur car esp ur transmission if left in auto where it will have to keep constantly upshift and downshift according to the gradient of the roads.

I never had such a problem with my previous cars and i think it could be a case of degraded ATF or some sensor. Get it checked out on the GT1 by your CA.

Hiei;271047 said:
will do so... thanks for help =D
Bro,
i am driving an e90 preFL...and I had this problem on Sat, as i was going up to KL, This happened to me after clearing Tuas Check point, when i was stuck in a massive traffic jam towards the M'sia side check point. Stopped the car for 15mins, restarted , made a U-turn back in s'pore and headed straight to R2D. Rod checked and informed that There were no error codes, but just decided to just replace the ATF, as i was on my way up to KL. Don't know why this happened, but still continuing to monitor the situation. so weird....thought the transmission was very forgiving...and how could it overheat?

:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zowinfood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back