Tree Sap stain paintwork

DreamDriver

How long did you park? Both tree sap and bird shit, if treated promptly, will not damage your paintwork permanently.

The correct way to clean these things with water is NOT to scrub them out with wet cloth or, worse, wet tissue. Doing so will create fine scratches. What you should do is to SOAK the spot with a piece of wet tissue (but take care not to scrub with it). After about 30sec to 1min, gently remove the wet tissue and scoop off the soaked-soft sap or shit with your bare fingers. Ya I know it sounds a bit yucky, but this is the best way to remove them without creating scratches.

If you're certain that the stain has gone 'under', you'll need a professional polisher to help you buff it off. Even then, results may vary; the stain could be completely off, or it could still be visible, depending on how deep it has gone.

There's simply no substitute for prompt action for such things.

Hi DD,
I did soak it with wet tissue. by the look of the residue being able to remove promptly, i guess i 'got' it mayb half an hour ago.
Fruit drop anytime n birds fly around every second. can't always stand by with a tissue in hand right?
I notice a bit stain came off when i apply the soap-water-cleanerwax method but it's stil visible.
How long can i 'delay' sending to a pro polisher? coz my car is 'sufficiently' polished a wk ago. so if i polish again now, i m afraid it mayb 2 harsh for the paintwork
*sign* almos got suffocated with such things :(
mayb i m paranoid. but i feel tat other cars dun stain easily given d same situation. isit somthing to do with their paintwork??

If you can still see stain coming off when you clean with car wash afterwards, it means your on-the-spot clearing of the stain wasn't thorough enough.

For me, I always have a PET bottle of clean water in my boot, and a box of tissue in my back seat, so the equipment is always there. If you use Zaino like I do, applying some Z6 immediately after you've cleared the gunk with your fingers will help a great deal. Other polishing product ranges often have something similar to Z6; it's usually a spray that you apply onto a polished surface as a last step in your polishing procedure.

you can buy those wet tissue and keep in your car. firstly, it's pre-moistened, so no need water, 2ndly, they are thicker, so wont break off like normal tissue. very handy. buy those no brand ones like Watsun's which are cheap and nobody dares to use them on their faces anyway.

i tot those Wet tissue frm shopsare moistured with dunno-wat liquid. Wil it hv adverse effect to the paintwork? coz they r not designed for car paintwork. :roll:

if it's good enough for human skin, car paintwork sure can one lah. your paint is exposed to the weather and road dirt and stuff must be even worse. heheheh

Sometimes, when I don't have a bottle of water or wet tissue, I spit on the tree sap or bird shit and then wipe off with a tissue.

Ok,I know, I know, it's a bit unconventioanl and disgusting but what to do? :roll:

Aiyor, if you get bird shit on canvas roof (like one time my Z3 kena when it was parked under a tree at the carpark next to the bowling centre at ECP), lagi susah to remove.

Taking about kenaing bird shit, I always dread being stationary at traffic junctions and hearing the sound of birds chirping on overhead tree branches, especially at dusk time. Got a high chance that bird shit will drop on your car. Machiam like playing russian roulete and I can't wait to speed off as soon as the lights turn green.

Re: Tree Sap stain paintwork

This thread has been quite sometime...

Any bros have recommendation to remove tree sap stain?
Kanna 2 'big' one today, and as much as I tried to remove them carefully, doesn't seem to work. Think the stain has gone under...

Thanks in advance.

keep trying until it is gone

denden;2451 said:
Hi DD,
I did soak it with wet tissue. by the look of the residue being able to remove promptly, i guess i 'got' it mayb half an hour ago.
Fruit drop anytime n birds fly around every second. can't always stand by with a tissue in hand right?
I notice a bit stain came off when i apply the soap-water-cleanerwax method but it's stil visible.
How long can i 'delay' sending to a pro polisher? coz my car is 'sufficiently' polished a wk ago. so if i polish again now, i m afraid it mayb 2 harsh for the paintwork
*sign* almos got suffocated with such things :(
mayb i m paranoid. but i feel tat other cars dun stain easily given d same situation. isit somthing to do with their paintwork??

hi, i have the similiar situation as yours and have tried the wet tissue thingy, but it dont work. And when you see the stain from an angle, it looks as if it has penetrated. it took me couple of months to endure the stains until i sent to a groomer. and dont worry, they can buff it off.

talk to your groomer and see if they can help with that part.

cheers..

if the stain have etch into the paint deeply.. sometimes buffing it off completely can be a bad idea. when you take away too much clear coat, it will comprimise and cause paintwork to deterioate faster..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helo88tel
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back