Trust no one... "My Frd? No more lor...wad Frd?" (Chocs)

Re: Trust no one... "My Frd? No more lor...wad Frd?" (Chocs)

Red_Bean_Bun;873316 said:
Are they registered with the registry of societies ?

They are not registered with ROS.

Three years ago, I was one of two auditors. End of term, we submitted a two page report, red-flagged several points. At AGM, EXCO said Constitution did not state Auditor to submit report. The AGM went on to approve Financial Reports without endorsing Auditors' Report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chocs;873898 said:

....ehh...MapleLeaf ah...btw ...yr title like dat ...wait ppl Tink we both arguing ..hehe..

....haha....:lol::lol::lol::lol:..

Oops... let me issue an open clarification..... NO ARGUMENT WITH CHOCS. I ADORE CHOCS!!!

But your statement did piece my heart (and resurfaced my experience).

ac323;874059 said:
or perhaps God can help???

But God don't feed me.
God didn't protect me from illness.
God didn't shield me from the rain.
God didn't hold my hands when I struggled thru the exams.
God didn't help me when I blew the whistle on a sexal assault but instead kena fucked.

I only continue to hear people say God is great.
I also hear people say LKY is great.

I hear that God can change my life.
PAP and the opposition parties also offered me that option.

Someone offed me peace of mind in the hands of God.
The XMM also offered me her hands... and more.

Now, God. Please enlighten me.

(Are you in FB God?)

isiowsg;874081 said:
Friends help each other without any condition attached and not expecting anything in return..

define "friend"....

MW;874237 said:
define "friend"....

friend (frnd)
n.
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.
tr.v. friend·ed, friend·ing, friends
1. To add (someone) as a friend on a social networking website.
2. Archaic To befriend.

friend - definition of friend by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

m021.gif

There are friends and there are acquaintances.

Friends will be there for you when you need them. Litmus test - you ask for help, no question asked. If my true friend (whom I dare to call BRO) asks for help, they will know the answer.

Acquaintances are there for you when you bring fun and laughter and good times. Nothing more. No care and concern for you true well being, no mention of help and support. Same litmus test - ask for help and all will siam.

I can hold my arms and say I came across many true friends from this forum. But the numbers are just too small. One cannot possibly be true to all. Most are hi-bye, and that's a fact.

Reactions: S2k

drive big cc car..... all my friends siam me.... and suan me.... sian

In the past 8 years, I have come across the following in this forum:

(1) people who call me BRO ended up selling mods/things more expensive to me than to strangers (those old birds know who I am talking about, cause many are victims too). Ended up truth revealed, lan jiao lang lost all BRO friends and moved from workshops to workshops. But of course, my trust was to be blamed, so said many BROs.

(2) one BRO asked for help, most BROs helped (all lent $10K each), but one cheapo BRO said he has no money. Few weeks later, he bought a Lambo and then eat free beehoon on Sundays at Melvin's. Not talking about Toto - another so-called "hao-lian" BRO. Bro-kee-lan. Stay as hi-bye acquaintances best, arm's length. Don't get too close, BRO !!!

(3) one BRO trying his luck on another BRO's wife. Yes, his greeting will be "How's your wife?"

Fact remains - the "friendships" or "brotherhood" in this era is very different from old days. Nowadays, no obligation to help or stand by you. For all these "bros" and "friends" and "kawans", it boils down to nothing as time passes and you see the true characters beneath the facade of "nice personalities."

iScoupe;874069 said:
if MW open mouth, I will cross a cheque to him.

Don't just say it, do it

I am waiting

MW said:
Don't just say it, do it

I am waiting

The "wrong" policy sold to you by a BRO ?

But I thought BRO said you were supposed to read the fine prints ? You too nice, somemore "protect" him by choosing to keep quiet and not sooting with MAS. You da BRO !!!

iscoupe giving MW cheque.... for more mods??? sart kee....

I want the cheque now, not 15yrs later

MW;874337 said:
I want the cheque now, not 15yrs later

Postdated cheque dated year 2020 consider bounce cheque?

Last edited by a moderator:

u dare to present me a postdated cheque, I will dare to bank it in on the postdated day...

MW;874034 said:
Money is exceptional as its sensitive. Long time frens does not mean you are obligated to lend him money. Similarly if you don't lend him money and he ends that long time friendship, then you didn't lose anything, he did.

Moreover, if you do intend to lend money to a long term good friend, you have to be mentally prepared that you won't get it back.

chicane;874385 said:
Moreover, if you do intend to lend money to a long term good friend, you have to be mentally prepared that you won't get it back.

Fraudulent debtor lol , but sometimes the individual fault also if he knows that is going to happen, then KPKB police say he Kena "cheated" :(

chicane;874385 said:

I found out the hard way. When i lend him money, i am an angel from heaven and a bro in need. When i ask for my money,
i instantly became a bastard from hell. so bottom line, only lend what you are prepare to write off without losing sleep.
oh btw you gotta cool nick there ... Far From The Maddening Crowds

naan1974;874403 said:
I found out the hard way. When i lend him money, i am an angel from heaven and a bro in need. When i ask for my money,
i instantly became a bastard from hell. so bottom line, only lend what you are prepare to write off without losing sleep.
oh btw you gotta cool nick there ... Far From The Maddening Crowds

Exactly! Don't see it as a loan in the first place and all will be fine. If cannot overcome that, don't lend.

OT : you are a fan too eh? :shakemyb:

who's girlfriend?.......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back