Tyre pressure for 235/35/R19 on E90

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
Hia Dees,
Is it too hard? I mean the tyres.:)

The shop I bought the tyres told me to maintain pressure of 280 front and 300 rear. Is this about right, or aga-aga, or too high?

Anyone running on 235/35/19s and using a different pressure?

Re: Tyre pressure for 235/35/R19 on E90

Welcome to the 19" club bro! Why never post pictures? Must share the process mah.

What offset did you get get and how do they sit? Any rubbing? Rolled fenders?

I too have 235/35/19 all round.

For local everyday driving:
38PSI or 262kPa at the rear
36PSI or 248kPa at the front

For long high speed trips up north:
41PSI or 283kPa at the rear
38PSI or 262kPa at the front

These are derived from my personal experiments to try and find the balance bewteen performance/ride comfort. Any harder and ride comfort really suffers and the car tends to jump during small bumps on higher speed corners . Any softer, the handling becomes soggy (but good for comfort). Probably different from your personal needs.

I find your tyre shop's recommendation to be on the high side. But definitely still acceptable.

ABD
For 235/35, 280kpa is too high

U should be running ard 240-250kpa there about.

I hv been running 240kpa for my front 235/35/19 and 260kpa 265/30/19 for my daily driving.

Yeah, where are the pix?

chickenbackside...ur pressure is way too high...i know it feels good n steering is light etc...but unless u have a heavy load...its better to come off that pressure. use ur manual....they recommend the correct pressure.

Pics will be loaded when I figure out how hell to do it properly. I live in the jurassic age as far as internet forums are concerned. Yeah my ride does feel kinda hard in sense that its kinda bumpy when I go over rough roads. Steering feels good and makes me sometimes do the fernando-alonso checker flag type drive when I reach my home estate :lol2:

So 280/300 much too high? mmm....gotta check with shop then

Thanks for the advice toto!

I've researched the topic for a long time and the consensus seems to be thereabouts. My experimentation also seems to confirm it.

When I go lower, I feel that the sidewalls flex too much during hard corners and the steering becomes imprecise.

Any insights?

too high.. go for abt 235kpa - 240kpa... just nice..

Just like track... u actually release more pressure frm tyre and u'll be running around on track with less that 235kpa ... dun think it can be imprecise bro. it feels good for street driving la when u have higher pressure .. easy and lighter to drive. Higher pressure you run.. less contact patch .. lessser.. more contact patch ..

no u right..steering is sharper at high pressure...that is until u lose grip. there is always a fine balance when setting up pressure. its probably the most important thing to ur driving experience...

chickenbackside said:
When I go lower, I feel that the sidewalls flex too much during hard corners and the steering becomes imprecise.

unless ur sidewall is seriously soft.. it should be pretty good. the PS2's comes with pretty soft sidewalls, when i corner.. man!!.. does it feel wonderful.. the S0-3 now with damn blardy good stiff sidewalls.. which to me i think i prefer.. handles like a dream too ..

totoseow said:
no u right..steering is sharper at high pressure...that is until u lose grip. there is always a fine balance when setting up pressure. its probably the most important thing to ur driving experience...

this is very true.. like i sed .. less contact patch ... feels good till u lose it, and that's something no one wants to go through .

But again, it's better to have over inflated tires then underinflated tires

TripleM said:
But again, it's better to have over inflated tires then underinflated tires

True on that too.. overinflate em' abit more than usual.. i usuall pump 240KPA.. just nice.. rubba rubba

Oh I shld add that I am using Goodyear Eagle F1s. And why is it filled with Nitrogen gas? Is that why pump up to 280F/300R.

Nitro gas fill is complimentary since you bought your tires there. U can actually get refill there for life so long you are their customers. At least I know Leong Seng and South East offer this.

Some advantages over regular air are like : Nitrogen molecules are bigger than oxygen molecules, so nitrogen seeps out more slowly from tires than air; nitrogen resists heat buildup better than air, which contains moisture; and nitrogen reduces oxidation, which can damage the tire from the inside out. Nitrogen is an inert gas, so there are no safety or environmental issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back