Tyre recommendations

southpaw23

Hey guys,

Looks like my rears are about worn. Just wanted to seek opinions on tyre recommendations for my replacements.

Currently running on staggered 19s, 235/35/19s at front and 265/30/19s at back. I don't think i would require really high end stuff...but more so lookin for a reliable, durable and affordable pair of tyres.

Was lookin at the Toyo T1-Rs. Any other suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

cheers.. :)

Re: Tyre recommendations

apart from the usual brands, which you can find many reviews on, there are also the lesser known brands.

i decided to try out federal tyres, taiwanese made, used by some cars at the formula drift (although they are using the semi-slicks and i am on the street tyres).

am impressed by the grip and wear rate - very good in the wet, and has survived a trackday with very little wear.

only thing is that some people looking for comfort might not be happy with the road noise. side walls are quite hard. personally, i can live with it.

the other thing is the price - you'd be surprised! available at leong seng in ubi.

initial decision was to try it out. but i'd stick to it from now on.

Thanks for the inputs jinooi, how do you think the road noise and comfort would rate against the T1Rs? mind PMing me the price as well? cheers

not sure about the T1Rs cos i've never used them.

i bought a set of SS595 for way less than $1k - 225/40/18.

ss595h.gif

ss595.jpg

INTRODUCING THE NEW SUPER STEEL 595 ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE (UHP) TYRE (35/40/45/50/55 SERIES)

Features
  • Low profile sidewalls for ultimate performance
  • Large size range
  • Excellent comfort characteristics
  • Uni-directional tread pattern
  • Flange protector for alloy rims
  • Affordable price
  • ZR and VR speed rated
Designed for use on all high performance vehicles
Proven in Targa Tasmania - Australia's toughest bitumen road rally. Many competitors use the 595 for:
  • Road holding
  • Excellent wear
  • Wet weather performance
  • Unequalled durability

Thanks for the info jinooi! But it didn't specify 30 profiles so i'm to assume this wont fix my ride :(

the info above was taken from aus.

no harm in checking with leong seng, give them a call. i vaguely remember having seen at least 1 e90 shod in federals.

Welcome to Federal Jin :)

Kept telling Jeff has he got it as well, seems u are appreciating this great tires too. :)

how abt AD07 ? From my experience.. just dun got for Eagle F1 .. Sux big time !

going to use the AD07 for my next trackday. will let you know after that.

doggie;387986 said:
how abt AD07 ? From my experience.. just dun got for Eagle F1 .. Sux big time !

Bros, any body have experience with Hankook V12 EVO, I used S1 EVo before , but that was so -so .. however , this one highly recommended leh .. top of the rank and same status with Eagle F1, Potenmza RE050A and CSC3 .. see following link..

Welcome To Hankook Tire

toyo and ferderal are quite long lasting tyres for streets and they are cheap.

however it has hard side walls which make some noise but bearable.

if u want softer compound, it will definitely cost more.

jinooi;387996 said:
going to use the AD07 for my next trackday. will let you know after that.

used the AD07 for last trackday.

verdict: traction was good, but make sure that your tyres are inflated to the correct pressure, cos it tends to lose grip very quickly when it's over-inflated (like all tyres, but this one in particular) - no warning, nothing.

despite the treadwear rating of 180, it held up pretty well. better than the federals i was using last trackday, even though i pushed the limits further this time. federals looked a bit battered by the time the session ended, but the AD07 looked ok.

grip in the wet is very good too. have driven it back in singapore when it was pouring cats and dogs. relatively safer than some of the tyres i've used. provides more confidence in the wet.

only thing is that it is damn bloody noisy! my ears were ringing when i got out of the car. resonance gets worse at speed. if you're using this tyre, don't bother with ICE :lol2:

southpaw23;387206 said:
Hey guys,

Looks like my rears are about worn. Just wanted to seek opinions on tyre recommendations for my replacements.

Currently running on staggered 19s, 235/35/19s at front and 265/30/19s at back. I don't think i would require really high end stuff...but more so lookin for a reliable, durable and affordable pair of tyres.

Was lookin at the Toyo T1-Rs. Any other suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

cheers.. :)

Try F1 eagle assymetric. Very good performance tire that is comparable to pilot sport 2 but cheaper. (This is totally different from F1 eagle GSD3.)

jinooi;391172 said:
grip in the wet is very good too. have driven it back in singapore when it was pouring cats and dogs. relatively safer than some of the tyres i've used. provides more confidence in the wet.

only thing is that it is damn bloody noisy! my ears were ringing when i got out of the car. resonance gets worse at speed. if you're using this tyre, don't bother with ICE :lol2:

Hi bro, do you remember if my old tyres are Federal? I can't remember also, only remember that the grip is good but so noisy that there is no need to listen to classical music at all :lol2:

no lah, your old tyres were toyos.

jinooi;387329 said:
not sure about the T1Rs cos i've never used them.

i bought a set of SS595 for way less than $1k - 225/40/18.

Bro,
for this size you should go for B'stone Potenza 070, it's the OEM for CTR & GTR, majority of them just track with it. As talking abt 595, few of us who tracked with the 595RS including myself, I should say it's good for road & not for track .

Cheers

not tracking with the 595s lah, those are for everyday street driving.

the last time we went to SIC, i was on AD07.

going to reward myself with the PSC once i shave off some time from my laptime.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88mincom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back