Unique problems on E39

Kennieboy

Hi all,

My ride is experiencing 2 problems;

1. 'Thud' noise (intermittent interval) prior to my ride coming to a complete stop.

2. After reversing, 'Big Jerk' felt after shifting the gear from 'R' to 'D'.

Highlighted these problems when my ride underwent 50k km servicing recently but PML reported - No Fault Found. Wondering if anyone experienced such similiar problems. Please advise. Thank you.

I would reckon that it's the propellor shaft bushing that is the culprit.

Try to get someone to check on the central bushing for the propellor shaft, both the sound u mentioned seems to come from the same cause...

U might have to remove the exhaust to check the bushing though...

I used to have a slight jerk during the downshift of gears, especially when coming to a stop. Wonder if you are having the same problem.

My problem was solved as I ask PML to upgrade the software. Afterwhich, no problem at all. Man and machine live happyily thereafter.

Thanks for replying. With regards to the propeller shaft, it was replaced when my car was only a week old :( . About the gearbox software upgrade, its was done during my last servicing . Seems like a recurring problem again. Looks like i gotta 'visit' PML again...

The thud that you mentioned normally occurs to E46s only not E39. Programming the ECU or DME might/might not work for E39. If all fails, check for freeplay/backlash in prop shaft. If its ok then live with it. :|

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back