unsprung weight

ho2786

Banned.
hi guys

recently i have read a lot of articles on unsprung weight on the net.i was wondering if it is true that reducing 1lb of unsprung weight is equal to 2 lbs of static weight.

am changing my 162 rims to bbs rgr 18 inch.i calculated i will save about 60 lbs with ps2.will that be equal to 120 lbs of static weight ? that is almost 50kg.

will my 0-100 be faster by 0.1 s ?

wonder where is the black mark x,maybe he have to overtake me at 150km ?

cheers

Re: unsprung weight

HAHAHA.... mr.ho is back!!!....

HO ah, not light enough la! buy neez wheels !, better..

and you know what... maybe u should start thinking abt striping ur interiror, than maybe mark X can only overtake u at 200km/h

unsprung weight.. u might as well go 17"... no need to think already!

ho2786;193992 said:
hi guys

recently i have read a lot of articles on unsprung weight on the net.i was wondering if it is true that reducing 1lb of unsprung weight is equal to 2 lbs of static weight.

am changing my 162 rims to bbs rgr 18 inch.i calculated i will save about 60 lbs with ps2.will that be equal to 120 lbs of static weight ? that is almost 50kg.

will my 0-100 be faster by 0.1 s ?

wonder where is the black mark x,maybe he have to overtake me at 150km ?

cheers

I love your incredible post sign. Very Ho. No need to see who post. Sure you. :lol2:

shaaz;193998 said:
unsprung weight.. u might as well go 17"... no need to think already!

17 too small,19 too big,18 just nice leh.good compromise.

elmariachi;194002 said:
I love your incredible post sign. Very Ho. No need to see who post. Sure you. :lol2:

superman my idol leh.mark x cannot overtake him.

ho2786;193992 said:
hi guys

That's a very very approximate figure, but suffice to say, because of rotational momentum being difficult to overcome, reduction of weight on the wheels-tyre combination feels like a more substantial reduction in static weight. The mathematics of this is WWAAAAYYY beyond my ken though. So I just remembered the conclusion.

There's a compedium of links in this forum posts in a local forum:

Read this before you buy your 17, 18, 19 and 20" wheels - Carma Online Forums

ho...just to digress a little coz i don't understand lah..if you went all out in your 330...therre shouldn't be a chance for the markx to overtake you right (all other things being equal)?

BUT if you let off at a certain speed...even you having 15 inch rims...a scooter is going to catch up with you...so i don't see how the rim size is relevant to the markx incident..but good joke anyway lah..!

Ho Ho Ho...I am Santa Craw. Opps wrong celebration, its labour day coming not xmas (joke):) .

Get a freaking forged wheel man. If u also want unsprung wheel reduction, then gotta also sacrifice the Run Flat Tyres like me:(

i think a fellow bro mentioned in another thread...also need to calculate your girlfriend or wife's weight...

kurqa;194615 said:
ho...just to digress a little coz i don't understand lah..if you went all out in your 330...therre shouldn't be a chance for the markx to overtake you right (all other things being equal)?

BUT if you let off at a certain speed...even you having 15 inch rims...a scooter is going to catch up with you...so i don't see how the rim size is relevant to the markx incident..but good joke anyway lah..!

with 60 lbs of unsprung weight off my car,hopefully my car is 0.5 seconds faster from 0-100km/hr.so if markx 0-100 is 8 seconds and mine is 6 seconds.i reckon the mark x have to speed to 150km/h to overtake me at 100km/h since i have 2 second lead, and also the distance between consecutive traffic lights quite short in bukit timah.and he have to speed up fast before i reach the next traffic lights.

in NS highway,the mark x need only to travel 1km/hr faster than me.from singapore to kl 300km.he have 2hrs to catch up.

can i know why are you always so obssessed with shaving off 0.1s/ gaining 5hp etc? :juggle:

ho2786;194901 said:
cause i am crazy ?

really? cool... its a pleasure meeting u :)

Since the 335i came out, Mr Ho have been posting ways to shave off seconds off his already powerful 330i. Sleepless nights and non-stop researching to power up his car!!

haha, good luck dude :)

xuexun;194919 said:
Since the 335i came out, Mr Ho have been posting ways to shave off seconds off his already powerful 330i. Sleepless nights and non-stop researching to power up his car!!

haha, good luck dude :)

power corrupts,its never enough.

why dont you seriously consider a supercharger first..?

on top of that...you could remove your rear seats and stuff...out with the floor mats and sound insulation too. this will definitely bring significant weight reduction coupled with lighter rims and stuff..and try not to ferry passengers too much as that adds A LOT of weight...easily 100 or more pounds for an average lady and upwards for guys

u cant cut botak, shave legs hair armpit hair....if ur car auto..chop off one arm and left leg. save about 20kg. think can overtake mark XXV.

kurqa;194959 said:
why dont you seriously consider a supercharger first..?

on top of that...you could remove your rear seats and stuff...out with the floor mats and sound insulation too. this will definitely bring significant weight reduction coupled with lighter rims and stuff..and try not to ferry passengers too much as that adds A LOT of weight...easily 100 or more pounds for an average lady and upwards for guys

supercharger for e90 not out yet.
i am thinking of changing all the steel car body panels to carbon fibre ones,maybe can save 500kg.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back