upgrade for a '05 E90 pre-fl

rt4ouredz

hi

what upgrade you guys will go for since this car is going on for only the next 3yrs left.
or stay as it is?

body kits with change of color?

feel like upgrade to BBK but totally noob on BBK..
what 6-pot/4-pot/2-pot
any guru to advise?

Re: upgrade for a '05 E90 pre-fl

ther will be 2 school of tots....most will ask u to remain status quo cos oni left 3 yrs....but if u so decide to venture into the dark side, then sky is the limit.....u shd noe by now wich side you wana be and thereafter, to list down your priority n budget....ur current methods of soliciting s not gona get you anywhere....cheers

just to share my view, don't mod for the sake of modding or monkey see monkey do.

ask yourself this question...for aesthetic...what u don't like on the current look and change that to what you like.

for performance... what you feel lack and upgrade to what you know can improve.... sometimes $$$ spent and performance gains are not really worthwhile.

all the best... happy modding

Totally agree!! Since in SG we can only keep our cars for as long as COE is valid....

firehorse;892177 said:
just to share my view, don't mod for the sake of modding or monkey see monkey do.

ask yourself this question...for aesthetic...what u don't like on the current look and change that to what you like.

for performance... what you feel lack and upgrade to what you know can improve.... sometimes $$$ spent and performance gains are not really worthwhile.

all the best... happy modding

But all that said, just amortise your mods purchase over 3 years.... If you feel that it's something you can afford on a 3-year basis, then GO AHEAD and MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY!! Hahah.... most important thing is to FEEL GOOD about your purchases - doesn't matter what it is.

Also take into consideration that some mechanical parts tend to fail around the 3-4year mark. If that's the case, then a 3yr life makes alot of sense, knowing that it should last you the good remaining life of the car! =)

thanks for all reply!!
happy to see "busybodies" like you guys to read and share your views with me.
really appreciated.

thanks!!

save the money for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance? after all, its a 6-7 year old car and you do expect more wear and tear parts replacement as the car ages (I own a '05 E90 pre-fl too).

I find the stock brakes very decent, not exactly as biting as my previous R32 brakes on my puny 1.4l golf gt, but good enough to stop in time for most cases. I'm not too sure if it warrants an upgrade from a performance perspective.

Cosmetic parts are generally more affordable and you won't feel the pinch when they go with the car when the COE runs out. e.g. front splitters, aftermarket front grilles, eye lids, etc.

Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your ride!

I suggest you save money for repairs. Trust me... you need that money for repairs.

3 years is a long time. If you plan to drive it all the way then perhaps some "enhancements" won't hurt. I invested in the Performance brakes which saved me on 1 occasion that has already justified the costs, at least my wife thinks it's worth it now. :shakemyb:

'm on CSC5 now on 19" breyton staggered liao..

SapphireSpite;893568 said:
Awesome choice too! Maybe some pics of your ride?

aiyo.. breyton GTS is very common liao.. no need post pic bah.. hehee

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redtrumpet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back