Upgrading software

Jas1

Would like to ask all gurus here whether is it worthwhile to have the software on our car updated? I drive a 3 year old E66.Was told by the mechanic that it's good to upgrade software as it gives more parameters.any views on this? Getting a good price for software upgrade about 200 dlrs from johore Bavaria trained mech.

Re: Upgrading software

What does the upgrade do specifically?

like upgrade winxp to win7
solve known bugs, improve features and better performance
make sure its compatible with the hardware hor

BillyKueek;765745 said:
What does the upgrade do specifically?

From what I hear on the radio, Munich Auto is boasting that there will be free software upgrades for cars that purchase their service packages. So I assume PML and Munich Auto can do these software upgrades...

Just thinking out loud****

I am wondering if our car is serviced by PML fully, why would they charge us for subsequent software upgrades even after the warranty???

Shouldn't it be free?

Software updates are NOT provided free..... Car will be given software upgrade if car drives or behaves funny.....each programming takes 3-4 hours.

I experienced a jerk when gear changing. P mode to d mode during morning.

Workshop recommend me to do software upgrade saying it is common for e gear.

Could not find any threads on this....

Don't need to pay third party to do it. I did my software upgrade while sending my car to PML East Coast for DVD player issues and engine oil change in Aug this year. Leave car there overnight for software upgrade which is free. Just need to "sweet talk nicely" to the service consultant there and he may do it for free. Of course, you have to do some form of servicing there like engine oil change (approx SGD315+) so that there's reason for him to not charge for the software upgrade and you don't mind leaving car there overnight. After the free upgrade, few items changed like servicing internals which is set to 13,000hrs. At least a improvement from previous rediculous service intervals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
888bnagoya

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back