Urgent help needed ( Will you buy a E60 525XL in 2020)

dvd7117l

Dear All,
Sold my 2 litre E60 recently after 2 years of COE renewal reason being sick of repairing. 4 pot is definitely less reliable than 6 pot and underpowered.

Wanted to get a F10 523i but saw a 2010 E60 525 with very low mileage by an enthusiastic car lover. Car is serviced in PML till today.

Point is I loved the E60 body design very much. Tried a few F10 and it is extremely big and heavy. Heart now wanted to go for E60 but head clearly knows F10 is newer technologies with nice modern styling. The condition of used F10 in the market makes my choice even tougher. Mileages are either extremely high or too low despite few owners. Wife is against E60 due to the high frequency of repair.

Can anyone share whether the E60 525 is reliable for another 10 years? As mentioned car is well taken care from day 1.

Will you go for F10 or the classic look of E60?

A thousand thanks to all.

Dear All,
Sold my 2 litre E60 recently after 2 years of COE renewal reason being sick of repairing. 4 pot is definitely less reliable than 6 pot and underpowered.

Wanted to get a F10 523i but saw a 2010 E60 525 with very low mileage by an enthusiastic car lover. Car is serviced in PML till today.

Point is I loved the E60 body design very much. Tried a few F10 and it is extremely big and heavy. Heart now wanted to go for E60 but head clearly knows F10 is newer technologies with nice modern styling. The condition of used F10 in the market makes my choice even tougher. Mileages are either extremely high or too low despite few owners. Wife is against E60 due to the high frequency of repair.

Can anyone share whether the E60 525 is reliable for another 10 years? As mentioned car is well taken care from day 1.

F10 523i ( at least a newer 8 speed gearbox vs the (E60) older generation gearbox-slow )
*** only thing it is a 6cyc NA so pick-up may not be as good as the F10-520i (2L turbo)..

really depends on your budget ( F10-FL with lower mileage but i think price abit higher )

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=919274&DL=3470

Happy shopping...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

F10 523i ( at least a newer 8 speed gearbox vs the (E60) older generation gearbox-slow )
*** only thing it is a 6cyc NA so pick-up may not be as good as the F10-520i (2L turbo)..

really depends on your budget ( F10-FL with lower mileage but i think price abit higher )

Happy shopping...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks Bro for your advice.
The price of the E60 will not be cheap either. It is not far away from F10 average prices.

There are some low mileage F10 523i. My concern is whether the mileage is genuine. I have met several car sales ppl openly telling me not to believe the mileage zzzz.

Short answer is no.
You sold your prev car because you got sick of repairing it. Any BMW regardless of make and model is going to require repairs and some quite extensively past the 8 year point and onwards. Its a never ending game of whats going to break next doesn't matter who took care of it and where it was sent for servicing its entire life.
Dont wanna spend time and $ repairing car then I'd suggest looking at a new Toyota camery. Super reliable nothing to repair and low depreciation. But thats just my 2 cents.

Short answer is no.
You sold your prev car because you got sick of repairing it. Any BMW regardless of make and model is going to require repairs and some quite extensively past the 8 year point and onwards. Its a never ending game of whats going to break next doesn't matter who took care of it and where it was sent for servicing its entire life.
Dont wanna spend time and $ repairing car then I'd suggest looking at a new Toyota camery. Super reliable nothing to repair and low depreciation. But thats just my 2 cents.

Thanks Bro for your reply.
For a start maybe my old car E60 being a 2 litre 4 cyc is less reliable hence more problems.Understand 6 cyc is much more reliable in regardless E60 525 or BMW F10 523i. In fact F10 523i will be close to 10 years hence I am expecting and ready for some repairs.

After all this years of driving my E60, I doubt that I will ever drive other cars. Tested E250 CGI and Audi A6, the feeling is so much different. Will still continue to get a Beemer.

Headache is whether a 10 year E60 525 or 10 year F10 523i.

I am an f10 owner and have never driven an e60. But reading from some forums, the e60 appears to be more fun to drive, but based on older technology in terms of gearbox and chassis. Test drive both, and go with your heart if the depre is similar. Older bmws tend to have some issues here and there, so a bit of luck also counts

I am an f10 owner and have never driven an e60. But reading from some forums, the e60 appears to be more fun to drive, but based on older technology in terms of gearbox and chassis. Test drive both, and go with your heart if the depre is similar. Older bmws tend to have some issues here and there, so a bit of luck also counts

Thanks Bro.
I realized driving a F10 in multi storey car park is challenging. Maybe due to my skills.

Thanks Bro.
I realized driving a F10 in multi storey car park is challenging. Maybe due to my skills.

lol, you are not alone. I literally sweat when I go into some really tight carparks. but it’s a fantastic cruiser on the highway, and cornering is really a breeze! If I really want some spirited driving, I might just go for 330i. Have tried a couple of M series, really fun but way out of my budget

Dear All,

Deep in your heart , you have already decided on E60. Just follow your heart! Enjoy

Deep in your heart , you have already decided on E60. Just follow your heart! Enjoy

Bro Thanks for your feedback!!

As much as I like the E60's design, I am equally tempted with F10 new technologies and interior which is so refreshing.

I have never owned a F10 before hence not sure with the wear and tear hence feedback for F10 reliability will be deeply appreciated.

I came from E60 525 to F10 523 and now G30.
Personally, I like the E60. When I bought it, it was like the final version of E60 when PML was clearing path for the F10's arrival. The ride is comfortable and handles well. Wheelbase wise is idea for SG roads. Even my wife likes the E60 more than F10 and G30. F10 and G30 in my opinion is not as planted (stock car). Talk about going up carparks like Wisma, Liang Court.... eyes have to be while open.. stress...

Like most said, go with your heart. Feel of driving should outweigh the tech...

I came from E60 525 to F10 523 and now G30.
Personally, I like the E60. When I bought it, it was like the final version of E60 when PML was clearing path for the F10's arrival. The ride is comfortable and handles well. Wheelbase wise is idea for SG roads. Even my wife likes the E60 more than F10 and G30. F10 and G30 in my opinion is not as planted (stock car). Talk about going up carparks like Wisma, Liang Court.... eyes have to be while open.. stress...

Like most said, go with your heart. Feel of driving should outweigh the tech...

Thanks Bro!!!
Priceless feedback.

i used to drive an E60 525, loved it then switch to E63, then F07, then F06, and recently F10 535, mainly because i am addicted to the engine of the F06, but not the high depre. I too tried for the first time an A6 and yes i was really not enjoying the drive. If u are willing to pay the road tax for a 525, would i suggest to try a 535, its .. different and frankly quite exhilarating even at stock. Try and see whether u enjoy the drive and if u do, wait for a low mileage one to come around, bring it over to R2D and get Rod to do a full check up and you should be fine. At least that's what i did :) Good luck!

i used to drive an E60 525, loved it then switch to E63, then F07, then F06, and recently F10 535, mainly because i am addicted to the engine of the F06, but not the high depre. I too tried for the first time an A6 and yes i was really not enjoying the drive. If u are willing to pay the road tax for a 525, would i suggest to try a 535, its .. different and frankly quite exhilarating even at stock. Try and see whether u enjoy the drive and if u do, wait for a low mileage one to come around, bring it over to R2D and get Rod to do a full check up and you should be fine. At least that's what i did :) Good luck!

Thanks Bro for your feedback. Considered this before and test drive 535 however dont like the turbo. 528 6 pot is not easy to find too.
One of the reason that I am reconsidering to get a 525 is due to the scarcity of a good f10 523i in the 2nd hand market. Most are in bad condition, tampered or multiple owners.

Get the 6 series coz is reliable. E60 drives like a tank, the handling is good but is time to move on.

Hi, I have both E60 525i and F10 523i. Both cars have got the COE renewed in the recent 1 year. Meaning both cars are between 10 to 11-year-old now. The last batch of the E60 525i is using the same engine as the first batch of F10 523i. The engine model is N52B25 which is made from magnesium-aluminium composite construction in the engine block. Both cars are very nice to drive for daily commuting or on the expressway. E60's mileage is 109,000 KM and had the oil sump gasket replaced when it was 8-year-old. F10's mileage is 273,000 KM and had the oil sump gasket replaced when it was 7-year-old. I am thinking of selling one of the cars. PM me @ 9690 five seven eight four if you are interested to view the cars. No obligations..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theforestavn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back