Used 530i / 645Ci or New 335 / M3

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
2 of my brother in laws are currently driving Toyota Camry 2.4L and Nissan Cefiro 3.0L at the moment and their arses are itchy to switch loyalties to BMW. Their cars are 3 to 4 year old now.:screwedu:

They are considering changing soon to either a used 530i/645Ci, or wait for 2 years to small powerful model such as an 335 or M3 sedan(if BMW is making a 4 door ).

I have given them some personal perspective but since I personally dont own these cars, what do hia-dees here say. Both are families of 4, children still in primary schools.

Re: Used 530i / 645Ci or New 335 / M3

Since the kids are still small, I am sure the whole family will enjoy a decent comfort n luxury of 6-er plus the sportiness of the car in terms of shape and handling. So I think picking up a used 6-er is not a bad idea after all. It's gonna be a whole new experience for the family, coming from from 4dr sedan.

They can consider the used 630 being posted by Mystic. Nice color , nice rims and decent asking price...Mai tu liao

If they need 4drs urgently, u lend them ur E90 and u take their 6-er,....swee2x...

WAAH SEHH! from camry to 530 , 645...strike TOTO ah

teach me how LEHH

wOw..Toyota Camry all the way to bmw 6series? thats a big jump.
E46 M3.heh

Stray;149903 said:
WAAH SEHH! from camry to 530 , 645...strike TOTO ah

teach me how LEHH

Yeah maybe they struck the last Moon Cake festival TOTO jackpot and kept quiet hor :singsing:

Wah say....u driving 645Ci.....how does it feel. What do you find good/bad about it. Is it yr only car or you have a second/third car as well. I always find that if one wanted a 2-door, it has to be a convertible instead of couple so rear passengers can get in/out more easily, esp will the top taken down so for big fellas like myself, it makes a lot of difference. Is there a problem when it is raining for rear passengers to get in/out? You cant take the top down can you...kekeke

Having said the 645 is really swee !:)

nicholastan91;149937 said:
wOw..Toyota Camry all the way to bmw 6series? thats a big jump.
E46 M3.heh

Not E46 M3 ah.....but E90 M3( not yet out )

TripleM;149901 said:
Since the kids are still small, I am sure the whole family will enjoy a decent comfort n luxury of 6-er plus the sportiness of the car in terms of shape and handling. So I think picking up a used 6-er is not a bad idea after all. It's gonna be a whole new experience for the family, coming from from 4dr sedan.

They can consider the used 630 being posted by Mystic. Nice color , nice rims and decent asking price...Mai tu liao

If they need 4drs urgently, u lend them ur E90 and u take their 6-er,....swee2x...

Is the 630i sort of underpowered? I dont follow 6-ers closely must I do realised that the next higher model is the 645i ( latest is the 650i ). The diff in displacement is quite a lot so is it like 3 litre is just manageable to drive it as I was also told the 6-er weighs like 2 tonnes so power/weight ratio is not that great.

Also how does it feel driving an M3? Its smaller but does such a powerful engine[the new one will have a 4 litre v8] makes any sense for SG road driving? But that is really one of a kind kick-arse car.:woowooo:

i would go for a brand new 630. The feeling of a brand new car is totally diff...

For practicality reasons and if this BMW is going to be the family's only car, then a 4 door car is still better for a family of 4.

Another factor to think about is boot space. When a family of 4 goes for a driving holiday to Malaysia, you will need lots of space in the boot to fit in the luggage and the shopping.

I have sold my 2 seater Z3 roadster for a more "practical" 4 seater M3 cab, but I still think that my family needs a 4 door sedan as our primary car.

gadaffi;150001 said:
i would go for a brand new 630. The feeling of a brand new car is totally diff...

of cos ...esp the smell of fresh leather seats :)

Ah Beng Bro.. the 630 is not really underpowered la.. it still can managed a decent 6.5 for the 100Km/h mark..
The 630 is at least a 100kgs lighter than the 645i... and it's quite a well balanced car if properly set up..
But hey..since its going to be a family car.. no need so fast right? :D once in a while have fun, ok liao mah...

yeah la. unless go track, else 6.5 can beat 90% of the cars on the road liao.
hey, the look itself kills!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motoringla

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back