Using 3 - 5mm spacers

Alpinze

Hi to all,

Just wondering anyone here has experience using thin spacers on their ride. I am currently on 20 inch rims and want to obtain the ULTIMATE flush look. I am thinking of using thin spacers on both front and rear. Any serious negative issue.....appreciate all input.

Re: Using 3 - 5mm spacers

3 mm??? wow u r super hardcore man... I have used 12 mm and 20 mm on the rear. Had no problems.
Btw thinniest spacer I come across is 5 mm. Never seen 3 mm. I'm no expert, but just from layman's perspective, I would be concerned about 3 mm. Something that thin cannot be so strong (condoms exempted) unless made from some super duper space age metal???

3 - 5 mm will not "stretch" your wheel lugs (still sufficient bolt thread engagement), so it is fine. Just make sure you have at least 6 full turns on the lug bolts after installation.

Also make sure the spacers are hub-centric. BTW, 3mm spacers are rare, customed?

I came across this on the net and found out that spacers that are between 3 - 5 mm are not hub centric, even if you can get one its really dangerous as they may crack.This is what i found.......

In order to give your BMW a much more aggressive stance while increasing handling, we offer our line of Macht Schnell Competition Spacer Kits.

Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum, these adapters are strong as well as lightweight to limit unsprung/reciprocating weight for maximum performance on or off the track. Spacer edges are also chamfered to allow for easy installation/removal if needed. After machining, the spacers are then anodized for additional strength, anti-corrosion & wear resistance.

A wider track stance increases lateral stability as well as giving your BMW a much more aggressive appearance after installation. Spacers also are used to correct wheel gap normally seen on otherwise stock suspension setups, pushing the wheels outward - filling the fenders.

Included with our Competition Wheel Spacer Kits are a full set of extended lug bolts in black OEM finish. All wheel fasteners are hardened and tempered to strength class 10.9 or 10 according to DIN/ISO standard 898 and meet the statutory requirements of all countries - including the US.

Competition Wheel Spacer kit Features:
- Machined from 6061-T6 aerospace aluminum
- Chamfered edges allows installation & removal quick and easy
- Black anodized finish for additional strength and corrosion/wear resistance
- Improve handling by reducing body roll with a wider wheel base
- Included black extended-length corrosion-resistant wheel fasten

Macht Schnell - Competition Wheel Spacer kit for BMW -03- 05mm
european auto source - 714.369.8524 | how fast can we make your dream go, stop and corner?

Models Supported:
2008+ 1-series
1992+ 3-series, including M3 (e36, e46, e90, e92)
2004+ 5-series, including M5 (e60)
2005+ 6-series, including M6 (e63, e64)
2004+ X3 (e83)
2000+ X5 (e53, e70)
2003+ Z4, including M-Roadster/Coupe (e85)
2001-2003 Z8
1996-2002 Z3, including M-Roadster/Coupe

All sizes are currently in stock and available for immediate shipment.

Hi,

How much for the 5mm spacers? Including shipping to Singapore?

Please advise.

Thanks

Just contacted the supplier. The 5mm spacer cost USD$79/pair and USD$56 for shipping.
I'm searching for 5mm spacers too....

alvinthedrummer;577551 said:
Hi,

How much for the 5mm spacers? Including shipping to Singapore?

Please advise.

Thanks

you interested to buy together? but i'm still doing some research to see if my wheels will rub after the spacers....getting mixed answers now...headache...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet88pizza

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back