Valvetronic Motor Replacement

Grisson

Hi,

Just wanna share my experience here when I did a general servicing at PML Kg Arang early this week. Am driving a '07 E90.

Had reminded myself to inform PML that I am encountering intermittent erratic rpm idling problem in my next servicing appt with PML (see video below). After sending my car into PML last week for the scheduled servicing, I forgot to inform the SA about this problem, as this problem did not occur during the journey to PML, thus totally forgotten about it:oops: . However, the SA called me later and said that their diagnostic system has detected an error code of the valvetronic motor, and they will replace it under warranty repair. He said that it will cause the engine's rpm to be erratic at times, and also may create unsmooth gear change. In the end, it did totally resolve my erratic rpm problem, and now my car's idling is as smooth as new :dance: ! Not sure how much's the total cost, but had a peek at their servicing report, think the motor cost about $25 (or $35, can't recall liao:oops: ...), plus the other items like engine seal or rubber, etc. which needs to be replaced together with the replacement of the valvetronic motor, maybe total to about

Re: Valvetronic Motor Replacement

sorry to dig up the thread, i face the same problem. workshop told me valvetronic but cost around 700-800 to replace.

Grisson;485688 said:
Hi,

Just wanna share my experience here when I did a general servicing at PML Kg Arang early this week. Am driving a '07 E90.

Had reminded myself to inform PML that I am encountering intermittent erratic rpm idling problem in my next servicing appt with PML (see video below). After sending my car into PML last week for the scheduled servicing, I forgot to inform the SA about this problem, as this problem did not occur during the journey to PML, thus totally forgotten about it:oops: . However, the SA called me later and said that their diagnostic system has detected an error code of the valvetronic motor, and they will replace it under warranty repair. He said that it will cause the engine's rpm to be erratic at times, and also may create unsmooth gear change. In the end, it did totally resolve my erratic rpm problem, and now my car's idling is as smooth as new :dance: ! Not sure how much's the total cost, but had a peek at their servicing report, think the motor cost about $25 (or $35, can't recall liao:oops: ...), plus the other items like engine seal or rubber, etc. which needs to be replaced together with the replacement of the valvetronic motor, maybe total to about

Got the same RPM idling problems with my E90.

Diagnostic test shows no components failure.

When to a master BMW tuner ( cannot say where in the forum because not site sponsor ). He adjust / balance some no on the computer hook up to the car.

Wa laa. RPM idling steady. Was told that sometime car air intake / gas / others stuff..... must balance.

It remind me of my old car carburetor tuning. Now everything is via computer.

Hi CitytypeZ,
not sure what's the actual price of the valtronic motor, but that was what I saw on their repair report or invoice. i didn't pay for it as it was under warranty claim.

However, the idling problem seems to come back several weeks ago, but this time its not so prominent as the last time, but my engine can even died for several occasions especially when I turned off the aircon, or during at traffic light stop when the aircon compressor cuts-off....went back to PML during last servicing but they said their diagnostic computer didn't reveal any fault, only saw that the idling rpm is a little low so they tuned it up a little (what the hack rpm seems the same aiyoh). Now still got this idling up & down now shucks...

Hey saharalah,

Can pm me the contact of this tuner that solved the idling of yours..? Is your ride a E90 too..? Am thinking no harm going to a 3rd party for help if PML is incapable of resolving it (as usual haha...) Thanks in advance ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

the price plus labour is around 700 range, you can call calvin at BOSS to check. but i suggest u let them check first, cos it maybe other problem. one of the technician David is quite helpful and experience.

Hi,

Did you solve your idling sound problem and what is the cause??

CityTypeZ;534301 said:
the price plus labour is around 700 range, you can call calvin at BOSS to check. but i suggest u let them check first, cos it maybe other problem. one of the technician David is quite helpful and experience.

computer said valvetronic error, but technician recalibrate and suggest to drive on and monitor a while before changing.

Thanks for the info bro, am thinking to go back to PML and make sure my voice are heard....got 7 months to go before warranty expires so gotta get it solve then.... ;)

will update.

CityTypeZ;534301 said:

did they check the eccentric shaft postion sensor. it is known to be faulty sometimes and can cause this issue. here is the diagram from realoem to give you an idea. please ask them to verify a cylinder head pressure leak as this is also a know problem on the E90 model you have.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=VA76&mospid=48481&btnr=11_3009&hg=11&fg=25.

lastly also check ignition coils or fuel filter as well.

I think high chance is the Valvetronic for my case as the computer shows fault on that twice already.

saharalah;533956 said:
Got the same RPM idling problems with my E90.

Diagnostic test shows no components failure.

When to a master BMW tuner ( cannot say where in the forum because not site sponsor ). He adjust / balance some no on the computer hook up to the car.

Wa laa. RPM idling steady. Was told that sometime car air intake / gas / others stuff..... must balance.

It remind me of my old car carburetor tuning. Now everything is via computer.

hahah carb tuning... thats a long time ago...

Sorry to dig this old thread up. I am currently having the same issue, but the technician jist reset it and told me to drive to see if it comes up again.
Anyone having the same issue?
Any long term effects if the valvetronic motor is actually spoilt but we are driving around with it with the warning light reset?

tedlhw;603057 said:
Sorry to dig this old thread up. I am currently having the same issue, but the technician jist reset it and told me to drive to see if it comes up again.
Anyone having the same issue?
Any long term effects if the valvetronic motor is actually spoilt but we are driving around with it with the warning light reset?
Pls google valvetronic & u will know what is the effect of spoil motor?

davidtch;603108 said:
Pls google valvetronic & u will know what is the effect of spoil motor?

i already did. Couldn't find anything.
In fact, thats how i found this thread in the first place.
If you dun want to help, please just ignore my post.
Please get out of my way.
Just thought some bros here would have experiences to share perhaps.
I have already decided to get it replaced anyway, so please piss off

Last edited by a moderator:

valvetronic motor is not very expensive, i changed mine for less than 500. but my vibration problem is due to engine mounting and the radiator fan.
according to the machinic. if no warning light, than leave it. but if really valvetronic problem. it will cause the car to lose power. no other harm cause.

tedlhw;603114 said:

Hi tedlhw, I regret to hear of the problem you are facing, but davidtch is trying to be helpful. You may have interpreted his meaning in the wrong way. But the way you replied asking him to get out of the way is pretty rude. He is always helpful with all forumers who need help here. Therefore it would be more appropriate if you did not reply in this manner.

BTW, if the AD is not helping you out by just resetting the warning lights, you might wan to check your car out at BVO where they are able to do a diagnostic on your car and give you a more thorough analysis and advise on your issue.

Hope you enjoy your stay here ya! Cheers and have a great week ahead! :)

tedlhw;603114 said:
Juz in case:
Valvetronic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sushmitakumari04

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups