Valvetronic Power!

Re: Valvetronic Power!

calvin said:
TobyNik said:
Just Saw this clip and I must say the sound is "Whoa"! :drool:

But as for how fast it goes, can't really tell from the clip. :thinking:

What you guys think?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=212307

cant download... the link is broken. Eisenmann exhaust ??? used to installed (Axl's ones)... sound like Hamann. Power did increase

I have the clip, how to upload to our site?

This guy from Aus wrote this
"hi guys i have a turbod e46 318i 2002 model! Im from australia. Can i ask a question how much power did u gain from that OBIT PIGGYBACK UNIT? Is it easy to install and what was the cost thanks guys!"

:thinking: interesting... can u see that,,, TC :whattheh: :laughlik:

calvin said:
This guy from Aus wrote this
"hi guys i have a turbod e46 318i 2002 model! Im from australia. Can i ask a question how much power did u gain from that OBIT PIGGYBACK UNIT? Is it easy to install and what was the cost thanks guys!"

:thinking: interesting... can u see that,,, TC :whattheh: :laughlik:

Yeah.

Saw your post there just now......But most FI BMs are SC rather than TC.....wonder if that's the reason causing his TRanny to give......

Anyway, why leh? Who can TC for valvetronic in SG? You wanna try ah?

By the way, this guy also had a roots style supercharger in his car before he went for his custom turbo set up.

His supercharger was blowing a low 0.2 bar and was running succesfully with some smaller problems like tranny going into limp mode and oil cut off.

If im not mistaken, his turbo is doing fine now and just waiting for some minor work to be done and should be in great shape.

His supercharger is on the way to me now. :)

Cheap second hand plus no custom work to be done because he did all the custom work(piping, pulleys, belts etc)

I just bolt it up and hope for the best

k3nny said:
By the way, this guy also had a roots style supercharger in his car before he went for his custom turbo set up.

His supercharger was blowing a low 0.2 bar and was running succesfully with some smaller problems like tranny going into limp mode and oil cut off.

If im not mistaken, his turbo is doing fine now and just waiting for some minor work to be done and should be in great shape.

His supercharger is on the way to me now. :)

Cheap second hand plus no custom work to be done because he did all the custom work(piping, pulleys, belts etc)

I just bolt it up and hope for the best
wow! yours is a valvetronic???

Yes it is.

Ordered in Nov03 so build date is Nov03 and i got it delivered Feb04.
N42 Valvetronic..

If im not mistaken, after the Mar04 build's, the 318i's had the N46 Valvetronic and the a single computer with the valvetronic control unit intergrated as opposed to the N42 with 2 computers, being one to control the valvetronic system.

Btw, the compact in your sig looks sexxay!
:) :inlove:

k3nny said:
Yes it is.

Ordered in Nov03 so build date is Nov03 and i got it delivered Feb04.
N42 Valvetronic..

If im not mistaken, after the Mar04 build's, the 318i's had the N46 Valvetronic and the a single computer with the valvetronic control unit intergrated as opposed to the N42 with 2 computers, being one to control the valvetronic system.

Btw, the compact in your sig looks sexxay!
:) :inlove:
wow, didnt know that there is N46.
thanks anyway :)

Well as long as this stays here, and i havent enterred any personal information in the profile, no one can catch me
:D

This is how i found out that there is a N46.

My gf sent her car for a repair of some sort and as a courtesy, they loaned her a end04 build 318i.

Anyhow, i remembered that i damaged my MAF slightly. The mesh wiring kinda broke abit when i tried to push it all out with a screw driver from the bottom end.

So i wanted to switch it over with the courtesy car and i noticed that it was writtin N46 near where the pulley's shd be.

So i did a search on yahoo and yeap. N46 came up.

2nd generation valvetronic 4pot engine. :)

k3nny said:
Well as long as this stays here, and i havent enterred any personal information in the profile, no one can catch me
:D

This is how i found out that there is a N46.

My gf sent her car for a repair of some sort and as a courtesy, they loaned her a end04 build 318i.

Anyhow, i remembered that i damaged my MAF slightly. The mesh wiring kinda broke abit when i tried to push it all out with a screw driver from the bottom end.

So i wanted to switch it over with the courtesy car and i noticed that it was writtin N46 near where the pulley's shd be.

So i did a search on yahoo and yeap. N46 came up.

2nd generation valvetronic 4pot engine. :)
oh i see..... guess the hp and torque for the N46 should be the same as the N42 right?

apparently yes.. but it also says the torque comes much earlier.

In my opinion, and this is not bias cause i own the N42, i feel the N46 more tame in power delivery and the N42 with more urgency..

Don't quite know why.

Thats from my butt dyno at least

http://newsletter.csmauto.com/fall-2003/?a=3

About the 3 variable valve timing differences.

vvti, vtec and valvetronic

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back