• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Volk R, Prodrive or ACS type IV Bicolor

Bmw38

I'm planning to change my rims on my E60 .

The BMW M5 rims look nice, but they are heavy.

I'm considering the following rims with :

Prodrive GC-014i 19"

Volk Racing Me 19"

ACS type IV Bicolor 19''

Any other recommendations?
which one look good for E60?

many thanks

Re: Volk R, Prodrive or ACS type IV Bicolor

quite obvious.....volk racing ME 19"! AC look is boring. every AC rim looks the same. pro drive is old fashion looking and messy.

the Volk and the ACS rims will look better on the e60 in my opinion. the other options that will suit the e60 are DPE rims or Breyton rims. you can go check it out. happy searching. :)

Volks Dude!! I prefer the ones w the "VOLK" engraved near the hub but kinda hard to find. These are light. Probably around 10kg.

Happy searching!

gusty;507666 said:
Volks Dude!! I prefer the ones w the "VOLK" engraved near the hub but kinda hard to find. These are light. Probably around 10kg.

Happy searching!

that will be the volk progressive ME.

Used to have the ProDrive rims on my MX5 and the Volks are currently on my E93. The ProDrive wheels are prob the best made of the lot but look best on smaller cars especially the A4. So I would go for the Volks. Agree the ACS are rather commonplace now

is it just me or does the volk ME look like a even cleaner version of the CSL rims?

VOLK! no contest. RE lighter....go for it.

Hi i have a brand new set of E60 3 piece wheels (WORKS) deep dish wheels. specially indent from japan 2 months ago, will fit E60 perfectly without any spacer. one set already fitted on my car for last 2 years but ordered a new set cos existing ones got scratches.
However i just bought another new car and selling my E60 in a week. The wheels is at Hurry tyres now.

Pls me at [email protected] for more info. Thanks

Progressive ME has the concavity at the rear which distinct itself from the likes of Schmeiden or Prodrive. ACS is passe.

IMO, you need 20" for E60 to look good.....

On my E92, the ME 19's look a tad small sometimes and given a big Ride like the e60, I would go for 20's....

Hey, but that's just me......

But I don't think ME's come in 20's..........................

Oh yeah for those wondering about ME 19's weight:

Front: 8.5kg
Rear: 9.5kg

Cool! Way cool....

Last edited by a moderator:

freakin light man

Very happy to see this thread! I just installed progressive ME 19" on my E60. Face 2 staggered set up. Looks small-ish but I'm happy with 19". They have 20" for ME now, comes in gunmatal coating as well!

eewaki;507845 said:
Very happy to see this thread! I just installed progressive ME 19" on my E60. Face 2 staggered set up. Looks small-ish but I'm happy with 19". They have 20" for ME now, comes in gunmatal coating as well!
pls post pics. nice to know how it looks

There are 2 almost identical looking type of Progressive ME
One is made by VOLK Racing of RAYS
One is by Prodrive
Both are forged.

The one by Volk these days have got no more engraved VOLK ard the lug holes...thus making the current set looks like the Prodrive version which is cleaner but the old Prog ME was the nicer one IMO.

Now the size...
You can get 20inch VOLK Prog ME for E60
Check out this website

RAYS

Just my opinion,...cars wif low offsets such as E60 will look good with deep concavities front and back. The stock M5 rims look great, the ME will look great too..

Another one is VOLK RE30...
Not the prettiest in flat face a.k.a short rim as it's called but super light and bloody stiff.
I have used two sets on two different cars and love em.

The E60 fitment comes in long rim face ( similar to Face 2 in Prog ME ) and it has some deep dish as well that makes it look nicer.

hi all brother have just change to Volk R thank all
have a nice day.

Bmw38;507875 said:
hi all brother have just change to Volk R thank all
have a nice day.
congrats. what size? 19"?

post pic of ur swee ride

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics