Want to paint my rims

taaxed

Hi guys,

Where's the best place to go to get my rims powder coated gloss black?

Thanks

Re: Want to paint my rims

taaxed;758495 said:
Hi guys,

Where's the best place to go to get my rims powder coated gloss black?

Thanks

your rims so nice still wanna spray???
can try Juzz Colours.............

cheers

I want to powdercoat them, not spray them...I just want to make it look a bit tougher!

There is no powdercoated facilities insofar as the usual suspects (SWC, Yew Lip, LYB) go. So, if Ah Long (above Munich) cannot do it, I doubt anyone else could do it.

I'm going to try and call some of the industrial powder coaters i found on google and see if they can do it. I'll let you guys know how it goes

kenntona;758561 said:
There is no powdercoated facilities insofar as the usual suspects (SWC, Yew Lip, LYB) go. So, if Ah Long (above Munich) cannot do it, I doubt anyone else could do it.

Actually those aluminium windows manufacturers/contractors have the facility. I happen to know one but would rather not approach him for help as its not his business at all and may actually affect his operations instead. But quality is top notch.

Physicist said:
Actually those aluminium windows manufacturers/contractors have the facility. I happen to know one but would rather not approach him for help as its not his business at all and may actually affect his operations instead. But quality is top notch.

Well I guess you have to remove the wheels, strip the tyres, send the wheels to him to powdercoat, wait for 1-2 days, take back the wheels, frame back the tyres and fix back the wheels.

taaxed;758643 said:
I'm going to try and call some of the industrial powder coaters i found on google and see if they can do it. I'll let you guys know how it goes

how about in Melbourne?

cheers

plenty of places to get it done in Melbourne! but not feasible to send wheels there just to get powder coated

So in sg no spray paint shop do powder coating? Yes as mentioned plenty of alumunium windows supplier using powder coating, got factory doing that.

Pardon my ignorance, can someone explain the difference between powder coating and spraying the rims? Advantages and disadvantages?

rim will become heavier too

Hey Bro, i dont recommend the industrial powder coaters. Previously tried that route as couldn't find anyone else in Singapore to Powdercoat exhaust, they screwed up royally. The name of the company i went for was in Tuas named M-Coat. Had to go back to Ah long to fix the boched job they did, lucky it could be sanded off and have a fresh paint applied.

thanks for that! I was starting to get the impression that it wasn't possible...

so which is the best place to go to get the rims painted properly then?

taaxed;760643 said:
thanks for that! I was starting to get the impression that it wasn't possible...

so which is the best place to go to get the rims painted properly then?

Had my rims painted at Munich Auto, so far no issues, had matte black since day 1 and no chipping or fade, been 6 months already, that or i would recommend Ah Long second floor of Munich/Lambo Showroom. either one will do a good job.

Powdercoating uses powder to coat onto the surface electrostatically, unlike normal spray painting which involves solvent.

I think the fear of powdercoating by industrial painters should be the curing process under heat. If under wrong temp or wrong duration, there is a fear this heat-curing process will weaken the structure of the wheels. Of course, forged wheels will have higher tolerance than alloys.

Best place to get wheels sprayed properly? Someone who could help strip the tyres either himself, or close to a tyre shop. One should not allow a spray job with the tyres taped up - that means the outside of the barrel is not spray-painted. If the painted surface is not done properly, changing tyres can peel the paint job.

Also, consider the balancing part of wheels after the painting and tyres and re-installed.

yep Kenntona, that's exactly what I'm looking for, a place that can do the whole process so it's easier for me and also provide me with a long lasting finish! Do you have any other suggestions for shops to go to?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77vincomcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back