Water condensation in LED headlights

Re: Water condensation in LED headlights

wobbles;801750 said:
Yes, I've been told that... usually by PRC xmms that have one hand on my wallet and one eye on my CPF savings

your SE is smarter than the PRC xmms....buy 1 car the margin much much more

wobbles;801750 said:
Yes, I've been told that... usually by PRC xmms that have one hand on my wallet and one eye on my CPF savings

Bro, tell me who ur SE is. I will buy my next car from her. Will have to hide from my current SE though. :p

Hope your issue is resolved!

uninitiated;801812 said:
Bro, tell me who ur SE is. I will buy my next car from her. Will have to hide from my current SE though. :p

Hope your issue is resolved!

Tks tks bro. If you wanna know who my SE is, just go over to PML and check out their top sales persons - her face is like a permanent feature there. Left and right will change but hers is like month after month. That's why I'm impressed - not like she needs my business to hit her quota, but despite her clientele, she still devotes individual attention to the best of her ability to me.

Anyway, finally picked up my F13 at 745pm tonight. No rain so cannot test if lamps are leaky, but service manager went to like super duper pains to elaborate to me that my headlights are new. So far so good insofar as no fault codes and all connections are intact.

They are none the wiser as to what happened to my F02 though. I'm enjoying throwing that cute zippy little F20 around the twisties though :) hehehe

wobbles;801874 said:
Tks tks bro. If you wanna know who my SE is, just go over to PML and check out their top sales persons - her face is like a permanent feature there. Left and right will change but hers is like month after month. That's why I'm impressed - not like she needs my business to hit her quota, but despite her clientele, she still devotes individual attention to the best of her ability to me.

Anyway, finally picked up my F13 at 745pm tonight. No rain so cannot test if lamps are leaky, but service manager went to like super duper pains to elaborate to me that my headlights are new. So far so good insofar as no fault codes and all connections are intact.

They are none the wiser as to what happened to my F02 though. I'm enjoying throwing that cute zippy little F20 around the twisties though :) hehehe

Good relieve. Where is this chart at PML? Want to see if my SE is there.

Hope it rains so you can test it out bro wobbles and it's been too farking hot anyway! ;)

Bro wobbles pls post pic of ur se from ur iPhone photo folder. Sounds like a se not to be missed

wobbles;801874 said:

Good to hear you have got your F13 back. Damn sian to have to deal with such things for a new car.

This reminds me of my car. Went to collect my F30 some weeks back. Checked everywhere but the ceiling of the car. Went home and saw ugly black lines on the ceiling. Simply wtf! It was a minor thing that was taken care of by PML but one thought that ran through my mind was how could they not ensure everything was clean and fit for delivery? It is BMW afterall, not QQ or whatsoever (no offence intended). Ok la, it is a slight blemish in the overall good experience I have had with PML so far.

Do update us with your F13 man. Am so gonna get the next facelifted F13. :)

Congrats to u bro wobbles!! Hope your repeated banging of table crease from now on :)

Is F20 too small for u?

OK, looks like I celebrated molesting my CB F13 a little too soon. No rain tonight, farking hot. But, after a long drive, same condensation on the headlights, although, in all honesty, a little less than original. The dispersion pattern is different, so I have to agree that the technical guy did do his job & changed the LED lamps.

What I can't figure out is WHY is this happening? Any other bros with LED in their F13s experiencing this? I wonder if it's just bad luck on my part :(

I'll be writing another love letter to PML tomorrow - but, thing is, they DID do their due diligence & duty, and I'm not an unreasonable man. They changed the lamps as requested, and allowed me to exercise my right within the warranty, I won't simply bang table for no good reason. So, the second letter that I'm writing will carry a much more reconcilatory tone - but make no mistake, I paid good, honest, hard-earned money for this car, and I'm entitled to a fair expectation of fault-free service. Having water condensation beyond what I would deem acceptable is definitely not fault-free.

zeromax;801914 said:
Congrats to u bro wobbles!! Hope your repeated banging of table crease from now on :)

Is F20 too small for u?

Actually, F20 is a damn nice drive! The little car is super sturdy, and gives me tonnes of confidence in chucking it into corners at speed. I reckon when the F02's time is up, and when the COE comes back down to more humanly sane levels, I might trade that behemoth in for something smaller & nippier. Even wifey said it's fun to drive :).

If the 2er does come to fruition, I might give it some serious thought....

can have video conference with their bmw ag product manager at pml office?

Last edited by a moderator:

wobbles;801915 said:
OK, looks like I celebrated molesting my CB F13 a little too soon. No rain tonight, farking hot. But, after a long drive, same condensation on the headlights, although, in all honesty, a little less than original. The dispersion pattern is different, so I have to agree that the technical guy did do his job & changed the LED lamps.

What I can't figure out is WHY is this happening? Any other bros with LED in their F13s experiencing this? I wonder if it's just bad luck on my part :(

I'll be writing another love letter to PML tomorrow - but, thing is, they DID do their due diligence & duty, and I'm not an unreasonable man. They changed the lamps as requested, and allowed me to exercise my right within the warranty, I won't simply bang table for no good reason. So, the second letter that I'm writing will carry a much more reconcilatory tone - but make no mistake, I paid good, honest, hard-earned money for this car, and I'm entitled to a fair expectation of fault-free service. Having water condensation beyond what I would deem acceptable is definitely not fault-free.

Ya.. I think it is unacceptable too.

Unfortunately, lemon law won't take effect until Sept. Push for your case man!

wt_know;801918 said:
can have video conference with their bmw ag product manager at pml office?

I'm thinking of getting to the bottom of this, yes.

In all honesty, the water wouldn't be an issue if PML/BMW can guarantee that it wouldn't cause any functional deterioration or seepage or future problems.

I just don't want a scenario that 2 to 3 years after (and probably just after the warranty runs out), my headlight blows up, or the glass is all frosted or super yellow, and when I bring it to be fixed, I hear the technician say "Aiyah, see, it's because it's got water condensation in it!"

I will damn pig blue if that's the case!

wobbles;801921 said:
I'm thinking of getting to the bottom of this, yes.

In all honesty, the water wouldn't be an issue if PML/BMW can guarantee that it wouldn't cause any functional deterioration or seepage or future problems.

I just don't want a scenario that 2 to 3 years after (and probably just after the warranty runs out), my headlight blows up, or the glass is all frosted or super yellow, and when I bring it to be fixed, I hear the technician say "Aiyah, see, it's because it's got water condensation in it!"

I will damn pig blue if that's the case!

Wah sibei suay sia you.. Special indent this 6er and so much problems ! Time to go /// liao

Just to side track a bit. Anyone here managed to get more than 3 years of warranty?

waddafug. worked hard, saved money to be known as a 'BM kia' to my friends. And now I read this :(

Garylin;802162 said:
waddafug. worked hard, saved money to be known as a 'BM kia' to my friends. And now I read this :(

Bro, it's still a fugging dream drive. Just have to bear with weepy headlights that's all... welcome to the club bro!

Garylin;802162 said:
If u have been here long enough, u will know PML pattern. Luckily, i got no $$ to buy new 1.

bro wobbles, no wonder we r all missing you during the badminton session last nite.

Sorry to hear abt the issue again .... hope it works out fine.

Cheers / Vic

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back