Water Vapour in Headlights

sw25

Been raining every day. My headlights are foggy with water vapour even though the car is only 1 month old!

is this normal?

Re: Water Vapour in Headlights

sw25;165095 said:
Been raining every day. My headlights are foggy with water vapour even though the car is only 1 month old!

is this normal?

For some BMWs - YES

Just go back PML to get them to fix the seals again. No big deal cos our cars are mostly hand-assembled anyway esp when it comes to the lights.......Human error.

Happened to my E46 Turn signal housing at the front when my car was new too.

KUAN SI TIO HO lor.........:)

Happy New Year!

sw25 said:
Been raining every day. My headlights are foggy with water vapour even though the car is only 1 month old! is this normal?
Dun leave it baking for too long !!! PML should be able to clean/dry the interior and replace the seal if necessary. But if left to bake too long, there will be water stains that are not removable after a while.

Apply some grease or silicon on the rubber seal of the lights that is fogging up. It will help.

I supposed yours is an E90 since its only 1-month old? Both my E90 headlamp fogged up this few rainy days too! I wonder if its normal also.

sw25;165095 said:

is this normal?

mine too...both at the ends near the grilles...

wow, my fogging is at the same corner of your left pic, but extent is more like your right pic...

Ok Guys,

I'm getting this feeling that all the E90s for SG actually comes with Amber indicator headlights up front but got swapped to the clear ones because of how PML wants to market the car. (Clear ones nicer mah)

So, maybe during installation, some weren't done properly. IT CAN'T BE NORMAL, ok? Go bk to PML and get them fixed cos it shouldn't be like this even though it's been raining a lot lately......

I might be wrong about the local installation though..........

Cheers!

PML cant be bothered with these! U even need to remove the front bumpers in-order to swap the headlamps, this is too much work for the PDI already.

I think only the states are using true amber color indicator headlamps, the rest of the Europe are all white like ours...

TobyNik;166031 said:
Ok Guys,

I'm getting this feeling that all the E90s for SG actually comes with Amber indicator headlights up front but got swapped to the clear ones because of how PML wants to market the car. (Clear ones nicer mah)

So, maybe during installation, some weren't done properly. IT CAN'T BE NORMAL, ok? Go bk to PML and get them fixed cos it shouldn't be like this even though it's been raining a lot lately......

I might be wrong about the local installation though..........

Cheers!

Bump into a friend who bought a E65 recently just now, he is experiencing these too!

PML was so kind and replaced him with two brand new xenon lamp unit but the problem still persist...

Never had this issue with my E46 earlier. Strange!

E90 headlamps are subcon by Valeo now; used to be Hella on E46 which is of better quality. :(

Stray;166372 said:
WALAN! maybe PML gave u replica HEADLIGHTS!:yikess:

bmw3er;166102 said:
PML cant be bothered with these! U even need to remove the front bumpers in-order to swap the headlamps, this is too much work for the PDI already.

I think only the states are using true amber color indicator headlamps, the rest of the Europe are all white like ours...

some e90 owners in usa are complaining -- they are getting amber colour indicator headlamps due to legal requirement -- even the e92 coupe has to be fitted with amber-coloured luminous strips on the bumpers -- imho -- our clear ones are better looking

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okvipzip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back