Waxing for new car?

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Gaudi said:
I'll be picking up my new beemer in a couple of week's time :) & was wondering if its should be waxed ASAP?

Everybody wan't to maintain that showroom shine. Any good recommendations on what products to use or where to go?

There's a lot of talk on "Glare". They are quite expensive (S$588). Does it really make the difference?
Hi Gaudi and welcome to the BMW.SG forums! :) Hope to see you at the next and upcoming meetup soon on the 29th of this month! Check out the link in my Signature for more details.

You can also intro yourself in the "Newbie's Corner".

I'm no waxer, but i can point you out to two interesting (pretty recent) threads on this.

You can check em out..

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=730

and

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=708

and

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5184

You can also search the forums using the quick search function (above) for questions which may have been posted before :)

Happy reading! :wavey:

Re: Waxing for new car?

Gaudi said:
I'll be picking up my new beemer in a couple of week's time :) & was wondering if its should be waxed ASAP?

Everybody wan't to maintain that showroom shine. Any good recommendations on what products to use or where to go?

There's a lot of talk on "Glare". They are quite expensive (S$588). Does it really make the difference?

Hi Gaudi!

Welcome!

Personally I no longer wax my car cos of previous not so pleasant experiences. But I swear by Zaino brothers products. Its great! I think many of us out there will testify to it.

You can call Chandra at 93872762. or visit his website www.cazcomp.com for more details!

Good luck!

:)

Gaudi said:

Dude

Zaino Bros. by Chandra.......

Wah bro.. chio chio ride man! Oi. where the M3 mirrors????

Hehehe.. long time to see!

I just zaino-ed my car on friday too. Lovely.. :)

How did you get your pix to have the "fish-eye" lens look? - front very broad rear slim?

SMYUEN said:

How did you get your pix to have the "fish-eye" lens look? - front very broad rear slim?

Doc

Honestly, I have no friggin idea! Just toying around with my SONy DSCp9 on normal mode.

Am very lousy at taking pix and still learning even the basics, man!

Hahaha! Please don't laugh hor!

Yeah! Going Zaino again soon cos it has been about 6 months liao! :thumbsup:

I'll be picking up my new beemer in a couple of week's time & was wondering if its should be waxed ASAP?

PML should give you a set of car shampoo, wax, glass cleaners etc. when you receive your ride. Not too sure about those products as I haven't used them myself but you can consider using them first as an alternative to paying S$588....

Gaudi said:

Congrats on your acquisiton there..

What colour is your car ?

The Zaino works very well keeping the shine and especially so for the darker colour car..

I'm using the Zaino for my car and pretty happy with it... :thumbsup:

I got a saphire black 318 sports edition with black/beige interior - can't wait for it to arrive.

I checked out the Zaino website & prices look very reasonable - Very likely to try it.

piggyboyz said:
Gaudi said:

Congrats on your acquisiton there..

What colour is your car ?

The Zaino works very well keeping the shine and especially so for the darker colour car..

I'm using the Zaino for my car and pretty happy with it... :thumbsup:

your car zaino-ed meh? Erhh... at the malacca trip i was about to ask you if you need help washing your car. ha ha ha.
:roll:

TobyNik said:
SMYUEN said:

Doc

Honestly, I have no friggin idea! Just toying around with my SONy DSCp9 on normal mode.

Am very lousy at taking pix and still learning even the basics, man!

Hahaha! Please don't laugh hor!

Yeah! Going Zaino again soon cos it has been about 6 months liao! :thumbsup:

Really?!? Then your SONY must be some good stuff. Seriously, nice shot!!

Gaudi said:

Since your ride is black, I highly recommend you ask Chandra about his ZFX package. Think of it as turbo charged zaino and you should be there. If you think that the Z1 and Z2 combi is deadly...wait until you see the shine that can be imparted with the ZFX and Z2 combi.

BTW...since your car is new, best that after Chanda does the initial layer for you....you DIY at least another 5 layers. IMHO...zaino rocks when it has about 7 layers on it. When I got my Civic brand new then, I zaino it immediately and after 3 months 10 coats of Z2 later...I went back to Kah Motor to collect my insurance paper and the guys in the showroom thought I did a respray !! Cos my 3 month old ride looks better than their showroom car (not the one that goes out for test drives but one that sits in the showroom looking pretty)

Ghostrider said:
Gaudi said:

Since your ride is black, I highly recommend you ask Chandra about his ZFX package. Think of it as turbo charged zaino and you should be there. If you think that the Z1 and Z2 combi is deadly...wait until you see the shine that can be imparted with the ZFX and Z2 combi.

BTW...since your car is new, best that after Chanda does the initial layer for you....you DIY at least another 5 layers. IMHO...zaino rocks when it has about 7 layers on it. When I got my Civic brand new then, I zaino it immediately and after 3 months 10 coats of Z2 later...I went back to Kah Motor to collect my insurance paper and the guys in the showroom thought I did a respray !! Cos my 3 month old ride looks better than their showroom car (not the one that goes out for test drives but one that sits in the showroom looking pretty)

Dude!

You've said it, alright!
The pix I posted was after a week or so after the ZFx detailing. And in fact, it was also after 1 DIY shampoo session as well.......

But, if you ask me to do it myself, :screwedu: PENG SAN!!!! SiBeh Siong ah!

Cheers! :wavey:

Did the ZFX package already. Damn shiny man.
I also got the Swissol wheel wax and will try it this weekend.

BTW, I think Marina South Park is a good alternative if you want to go for photoshoots. There is a big carpark near LongBeach seafood restaurant.

Wah lau...........so damm shinny that I can even see your reflection on the bonet!!

:thumbsup:

ur rides are way cool. i used zaino for my old car (blue) and it rocks. I'm getting an e46 coupe, silver now. do u think i need the zfx for the layover?

bigblue said:
ur rides are way cool. i used zaino for my old car (blue) and it rocks. I'm getting an e46 coupe, silver now. do u think i need the zfx for the layover?

Hey Big Blue! Welcome!

Although I have been on Zaino for only a year, I feel that Zaino works better in bringing out the shine for darker colored rides.

So, i guess it's your call whether you think you should spend the extra on Zfx.

Cheers! :wavey:

just did zaino on my Z 2 weeks after i got it... nice shine... very happy with it!
easy to maintain too... just wash and dust off!!!

SMYUEN said:

That is just a normal shot, not fish eye or turtle eye look bro...
Go n try it...but u must take it from the right angle...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88nyc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back