• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

What do you think about SSW rims ?

Re: What do you think about SSW rims ?

Oh...i am not aware of ?
My boss just bought a 20" for his suv, S$350+/rim, very reasonable....
pocket not so deep la....:(
BUT just worry if the build quality etc.....are they consider replica Taiwan made ?

stevenwu;444276 said:
Oh...i am not aware of ?
My boss just bought a 20" for his suv, S$350+/rim, very reasonable....
pocket not so deep la....:(
BUT just worry if the build quality etc.....are they consider replica Taiwan made ?

Yes, they're either Taiwan, Malaysia or Thai rims.......don't expect much when it's $350 a pc for 20".

U pay for what you get bro.

'The Great White'

Hi bro,
Totally agreed with you....
but my main concern is if it is 'safe' to be used ?
Heard any bad comments on the SSW rims?
Look at some pic from Dave....scary :)

stevenwu;444278 said:
Hi bro,
Totally agreed with you....
but my main concern is if it is 'safe' to be used ?
Heard any bad comments on the SSW rims?
Look at some pic from Dave....scary :)

It's safe lah....don't be so paranoid lah.....

Any rims even the top branded ones will break into pieces when one ram into a kerb or any accident.

I've seen one of our bro's BBS 19" CH broke into many pieces after he wack into the kerb.

I've used Privat Profil 19" (Taiwan made) on my E46 for 1.5yrs with tracking.

I've used both Privat Profil 19" & M5 replica 19" on my E60 just for tracking.

Tracking will be the best to wack the daylight out of the rims.....we go high speed along N/S.....then we push it to the max inside Sepang.....

No problems at all.

'The Great White'

IMHO bro, your 335 (M) deserves smtg more steady! :eek:

Steven, SSW is Thai made, Stamford's house brand. For replicas, Taiwan, Jap & Korean mades are ok but have to compromise on its weight.

Like others have mentioned & imo, would go for forged & proper coils set-up, especially for 335.

Happy modding.

Yup SSW are made by Stamford Tires. So should be no problem. Some stock rims on cars are also made by them.

wilman2772;444281 said:
It's safe lah....don't be so paranoid lah.....

Any rims even the top branded ones will break into pieces when one ram into a kerb or any accident.

I've seen one of our bro's BBS 19" CH broke into many pieces after he wack into the kerb.

I've used Privat Profil 19" (Taiwan made) on my E46 for 1.5yrs with tracking.

I've used both Privat Profil 19" & M5 replica 19" on my E60 just for tracking.

Tracking will be the best to wack the daylight out of the rims.....we go high speed along N/S.....then we push it to the max inside Sepang.....

No problems at all.

'The Great White'

bro,
your rims are always so nice....where you usually get them from ?

:)

AC Boy;444427 said:
Steven, SSW is Thai made, Stamford's house brand. For replicas, Taiwan, Jap & Korean mades are ok but have to compromise on its weight.

Like others have mentioned & imo, would go for forged & proper coils set-up, especially for 335.

Happy modding.

bro,
you quoted "For replicas, Taiwan, Jap & Korean mades are ok but have to compromise on its weight" but didnt mention about Thai made so.....ok ?

Pitt;444519 said:
Yup SSW are made by Stamford Tires. So should be no problem. Some stock rims on cars are also made by them.

bro,
Went to explore Stamford tires, prices also quite high, especially for conti car, prices for rims for jap car are ok.

Any lobang to get elsewhere that are cheaper ?

stevenwu;444882 said:
bro, what is smtg ?

Sorry.. smtg = something.

Maybe can consider Advan Racing RS; Kuvesh and Omar has them.

(Disclosure: I recently got them too... :dance: )

stevenwu;444883 said:
bro,
you quoted "For replicas, Taiwan, Jap & Korean mades are ok but have to compromise on its weight" but didnt mention about Thai made so.....ok ?
Shd be ok bro plus, Stamford has their name to watch for.

ssw is TUV and VIA certified .. safety wise is OK ,, but SSW logo on BMW .. does not look right leh .. this my personal opinion.

Dngrdad;445008 said:
ssw is TUV and VIA certified .. safety wise is OK ,, but SSW logo on BMW .. does not look right leh .. this my personal opinion.

Got such thing meh???
My opinion is .....The better modder can take any part,tweak the specs into a UDM and make the UDM a monster, instead of just replacing a OEM part to a 'continental aftermatket' part and think the UDM can become a monster.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
app567liveasia

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back