what the price for a 2-3yr old BMW318Ci

piggyboyz

Core Group Members
I think for the cars in that 2-3 years category, the price difference might not be a lot due to different tax structure changes so it's better to look at the paper value and work from there.

Also, the engine may differ since it was that time that the Valvetronic came out, even though the model dosen't change...

Pretty complicated isn't it ? Hope i didn't make thing more complex... :)

hmm i unerstand the value part but the second part on enginne .. i am abit lost :oops: :oops: ... care to advice me further??? thank

318i come with the earlier 1.9L, with 118hp against the latter version that is 2.0L with 140hp.

So when u say u r getting a 318Ci, there is actually 2 version, the earlier 1.9L and the latter 2.0L...

The two cars commands different price tag... :)

piggyboyz said:
318i come with the earlier 1.9L, with 118hp against the latter version that is 2.0L with 140hp.

So when u say u r getting a 318Ci, there is actually 2 version, the earlier 1.9L and the latter 2.0L...

The two cars commands different price tag... :)

For avoidance of doubt, juz would like to add that the 2 cars look similar. Juz that the engine is different in terms of cc and power.

hmmm okie.. geez i think i have alot more to learnt :oops: :oops: ... .. so is there anything else i should know? actually be it 1900 cc or 2000cc .. it does not make any much different to me... i check ard in the market but i dont seem to be able to get 2 door 318ci... hmmmmm :( :( :( :( it seem that 4 door is more common located... anyone got idea where i can get good lobang for it?

just curious to ask... there is 158 ppl view this thread yet only 2 ppl replying me :ehhh: :ehhh: :ehhh: .. is it normal ? :thinking: :thinking:

linawang said:
just curious to ask... there is 158 ppl view this thread yet only 2 ppl replying me :ehhh: :ehhh: :ehhh: .. is it normal ? :thinking: :thinking:

I bet that if the topic is " Chio Bu seeking advice whats the price for 2-3yrs old BMW318ci", you will see 1580 ppl viewing the thread yet 2 replied.... Kekekekek..... jus kiddin.. ;)

I think piggyboyz and T6 has given you good advice on yr doubts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You might wan to consider again on the hp part... even though merely 12hp diff between 1.9 and 2L, u will be surprice that many will because of that small diff, mod like crazy to gain that extra hp...

worry not... u will slowly like me..., be infested by the MOD Virus here.. Hahahahah.. :lol: :lol:

Good luck on yr hunt... Cheers!
:wavey:

engine for the 2.0L is also a lot smoother. world apart. highly recommend you take your time and find the right one... :thumbsup:

I think the Valvetronic 318ci is extremely rare. you'll more likely find the pre-facelift 318ci, but that one will be more than 2 yrs old.

bet that if the topic is " Chio Bu seeking advice whats the price for 2-3yrs old BMW318ci", you will see 1580 ppl viewing the thread yet 2 replied.... Kekekekek..... ----> hhaha okie pt noted.. so what the defintion of chio bu? ;) ;) .. i think i go for the 2000cc, some kind soul directed me to a website and i would be going over to test drive on tuesday when i am back sg... well i dont think i would want to MOD my car..i have enought modding on my old car .. :) just time round i would just remaind stock.... ;) ;) ;)

linawang said:
i am just wondering the below 3 series is it Valvetronic 318ci or pre-facelift 318ci... and what the price it would be ...

Just check for the engine cc (log card) when u r there for the test drive.

The 1895cc (??) is the non valvetronic while the valvetronic engine is 1995cc or commonly known as 2L

All else fail, just call anyone of the guys here down for test drive, i'm sure there will be a lot of ppl who will gladly go with u :inlove:

hi tata,

honestly speaking i still cant see any difference... care to enlighten me?

piggyboyz,

All else fail, just call anyone of the guys here down for test drive, i'm sure there will be a lot of ppl who will gladly go with u -- haha call who??? i dont even know anyone.. anyway it okie.. i think i can managed :)

Hi there,

Go back to the 2 pictures again and concentrate on the headlights you will find the difference. The grill suppose to be wider than the old version.

you have any budget in mind to spend ?

cheers

thank u .. now i see abit difference... i dont have any budget in my mind yet... i am still looking and doing market survey... what the price would be ?

I assume you are looking at 2002 or maybe 2003.

2002 is a bit tricky. I will evaluate the following:

1) OMV 80% vs 65%
2) Cross over to Valvetronic engine
3) Non-facelift VS facelift model and brand new 3 series

And come to think of it I will consider Audi TT ... BMW Coupe is everywhere don't you think so ... do a little exercise to yourself what kind of car will make your head turn again for a second look ?

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500ae88cc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back