What's wrong with my headlight?

For some unknown reason, the colour of my right headlight just turned purplish (looks yellow in the photo). The left is the original white colour.

If the colour on the left also changes, then the problem is fixed. Haha...

Re: What's wrong with my headlight?

i think u might be using different temp bulbs for your lights.
did u have a light change recently?

Xenon gas running low in that side's ballast leow... (I think).

Please up me for my quality post! :D

Bulb needs replacement soon. Mine turned pink a while ago and within 2 weeks went dark. So get it replaced soon.

Thanks guys.

Steven - I have not changed the bulbs before, so its the original bulb that's turned purple.
Axl - Actually I don't know if my lights are xenons or HID. Why u want me to "up" you? Siao!
156F1 - Where did you buy the replacements? Eng Soon?

1MinuteMan;778713 said:
156F1 - Where did you buy the replacements? Eng Soon?

I got mine replaced at R2D. The replacement is not simple, as access to the headlamp is poor. Have to remove the whole headlamp and loosen the bumper in order to do so. Definitely not a DIY job.

THe Xenon will fail shortly. it takes about 30 minutes to replace if you have the tools, just loosen the top of the bumper. Pulling out the headlight is easy . Care must be taken NOT to touch the glass surface with hands.

Found these vids on replacing E60 headlight bulbs on youtube.
Posted by the same guy, one for left headlight, one for right!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yseknfLsfa8]BMW E60 angel eyes replacement installation LEFT side - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ght75I-mo]BMW E60 angel eyes replacement installation right side - YouTube[/ame]

not that easy....unless u are confident or skilled, might end ug with broken wires, brackets etc.
sometimes this kind of money have to pay to let the more experience workshops do.
just my 2 cents

My right xenon went totally kaput, just 2 days after changing colour. So I dropped by Eng Soon today to get some replacements and fixed it myself.
Here's some info for those who wish to DIY in future.

Pre-LCI E60 uses D1S xenon bulbs. Eng Soon had 2 types in stock:
Hella (4300K) - $190 per bulb
Philips (6000K) - $240 per bulb
Prices are before GST.

Pic-by-pic instructions:
Replacement Headlight AND Remove Headlamps DIY - 5 Series Forums

With the right tools at hand, I took half an hour to replace both the right and the left bulbs.

Its not about saving money. The amount I saved is negligible relative to the cost of owning a bimmer.
Its the fun of tinkering with your own car, almost like self-gratification. Haha... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlifeinteriors
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back